VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Been following this for ages. Every update video is fantastic and beats many new box office releases for excitement factor. :D

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Without a doubt my favorite metal fabrication youtube series. A friend turned me on to the project 6-8 months ago and I've been amazed.

A few years ago I started a power lock installation project on my Corvair. I ran into some similar hurdles that they did - and I immediately shelved the project and haven't gone back. The solution they have in the most recent video is amazing and brilliant - and I think it's convinced me to never try to install those again. I could never justify the time it would take me to fab all that up!

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Very well done videos with just enough comedy to keep it from getting boring. Everything is so expertly done and conceived it does look easy. I just found it the other day from the mini scotland thread and sat though the entire thing immediately. Well worth it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just watched all 7 episodes in a row. :eek: I must say that these beats any overhaul / wheeler dealer episodes. :thumbup:

Now I just need episode 8! Do any of you that have idea when it will come out?

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
A few years ago I started a power lock installation project on my Corvair. I ran into some similar hurdles that they did - and I immediately shelved the project and haven't gone back. The solution they have in the most recent video is amazing and brilliant - and I think it's convinced me to never try to install those again. I could never justify the time it would take me to fab all that up!
The lock actuators can handle going less than their throw, but some cars are pain in the butt. Done a lot, c3 corvettes are all sorts of fun. 1st gen mustangs are bad too, since the door panel is so tiny. Seen a guy duraglass a bracket to the sheet metal.
What they did was pretty awesome.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
If my Mini doesn't sell.....I smell project.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I hadn't heard of this before and watched all 7 in one go. Love the fabrication and proper work they're putting into this. Can't wait to see it finished! :thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 345 Posts