VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Orig owner 90 g60, 02 allroad 6SP M w/ 3rd Row, 07 3X White NB Vert, 09 Escalade ESV Plat to tow em
8,216 Posts
Happy Anniversary!!!

9-3-06 to 4-10-11 ... Shawn I can throw away my Yellow Corrado manual now and upload this thread to an iPad.

Thanks so much for sharing all the knowledge. It's incredible how you've retained you're level of perfection and even more awesome that you've taken the time to document this for all us VW heads.

Here's to the ultimate vw RV

·
Registered
Orig owner 90 g60, 02 allroad 6SP M w/ 3rd Row, 07 3X White NB Vert, 09 Escalade ESV Plat to tow em
8,216 Posts
DIR1X

Do it right 1 time. Most of the stuff you need to get this stuff done isn't available off the shelf or at the hardware store. Working on my long forgotten grey market 914-6 or 67 bug was just maintenance or repair compared to the Corrado. It's truly amazing how you have to engineer so many work arounds to make just one modification. Nice work Shawn. Appriciate the pics & build thread!!

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Nice Kawasaki G60ski. Is it a '87?

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Some dude in the UK got his hair caught in one of those and was featured on one of those amazing survival shows. Now's the time to cut off that mantail if you have one.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Gonna have the exchg'r for the AWIC cram'd behind the bumper. Oil Cooler in Stock G60 IC duct. You just resolved where my oil cooler's going.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Hey, that’s fellow vortex’r is PTP. That was humbling to learn the strut insert compatibility posted about the front tubes was not correct.

No matter where on the the interwebs that info was pulled from, it should have been verified in my own hands like the rear Koni tubes were. Most don’t know Koni does not and will not provide any measurements on their struts compatible with the 8610 1442 loaded in the FK tubes except Koni racing inserts.

We’re you ever able to return or sell the Koni 8610 1262 inserts I posted as compatible? The post I found showed they were 1.77” or 50mm in the S2 forum or same as the KONI racing that fit. I also see Vortex no longer supports / removed BB code for strike through that lined over on the incompatible strut info. I’ll have to edit the info again.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techn...e-shock-absorber-settings-thread-shocks/page3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Story of my life Shawn. 12 & 15 y/o girls and 17 y/o son. All my Corrado time migrated into the Yukon forums to master the art of owning an ‘08 3 1/4 ton family mover and the wife’s 07 Vert Barbie Beetle. Everything GMC is so damn heavy compared to the g60.

Please tell me you carry stated value ins on the sc2020.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Yea, dogs own our truck. Learned that leather is the way to go with fur children. Cloth allows the fur to get between the weave and stick like a million tiny daggers.

ps: The New Beetle has a slightly bent FK strut tube up front. Had a machine shop hydraulically pull it but the insert got wasted. Any recommendations on a technique to bring the tube back to spec? It’s inox.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
How’s the hand doing? Did you have Aflac?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.