VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Do werk yes, but on your car, no. Well maybe you will do the hooker on top of your car. But that doesn't count for doing werk on the car... :beer:
:laugh:

Lookin good Shawn :beer:

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Sooooo, that's what you were really busy doing yesterday :rolleyes:.......:laugh:

J/K man, looking good :thumbup: Gonna give you a shout in a bit to talk CC'ing the chambers

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Thanks man. Some progress pics coming soon. Been jumping around a bit, but making progress. I also ordered a bunch of stuff that I was waiting on.

New Harnesses for cabin side of MS3 + MS3x as well as the MS3 processor upgrade and lots of other little stuff.

I will be upgrading MS on my PG/G60 in the next couple of days from MS1 to MS3. I could stay MS1 (even on the new setup), but MS3 is unbelievable and the MS3 (Expansion board) makes most of the items that I was planning in building custom circuits for plug and play.

Fully sequential Fuel and Spark using the 20v COPs, + TONs of other useful inputs and features.
MS3 FTW :D

can't wait to see what you do with it and I hope to learn a few things ;)

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
So, I have been busy learning the ropes of MS3 and the G60/PG is running again. :cool: I ended up changing a few inputs/outputs around which will help in the motor swap. I added a VSS in as well so now the logs will show gearing, Speed and you can set up things to calc Tq and Hp, etc (thanks Jeff for the tip!). Already MS3 is better than I imagined.

I have also been making some small progress on other fronts, but mostly spending money and acquiring parts :D
Nice, now lemme get a base map :p........:laugh:

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
haha, still have to tune it, but no biggie. Used my base maps from MS1, imported and interpolated to 16x16 maps. Should be a good start. Fires right up and idles great :eek:
:thumbup: Didn't know you could load your MS1 maps, thought you would have had to start from scratch, but I'm not too familiar with it, yet ;) Can't wait tho, mad :heart: for MS :D

it probably started before vortex existed......

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Funny story though, my daughter came out in the garage the other night and was watching me work. Apparently, she is going to be a typical woman becuase her exact word were (and I sh!t you not), "...and dad, when you are going to finally put this new motor in? I'm tired of looking at it..." wtf :screwy:
ZING :laugh:

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
For now... I had to put the LM1 control box beneath the glove box since MS3 is much taller than MS1. I amthinking that I will try to put it where the ABS ECu is when I swap to the new motor since I will be going to non-ABS. Just not sure there is enough room there. I really don;t mind it in the glove box though. We shall see.
That's why you should ditch the LM1 and go with LC1 and lemme know how you plan to put that controller inside the cabin :laugh:

If the glove box was easier to remove than it is, I might consider mounted under it as there is tons or room. .. but the damn German enginqueers found a way to make a simple glove box almost impossible to remove w/o getting frustrated and breaking something :screwy:
Engiqueers :laugh: I think it's easy to remove the glovebox :rolleyes:.......:laugh:

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
what would you say was the closest absolute part to the condenser? Enough room for a full IC? Like some Saabs run? Was a model year Passat that ran that setup as well...

And again, Thanks for all the help :beer:

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
The closest part of the Rad support. I have some better pics I will post up. The Vr support is narrower (allowing more room) between the Condenser and the support itself, but either one would need to be modified. I will mod and reinforce.

Yea, a factory front mount would be ideal and most are pretty inexpensive brand new, but the problems with the ones that I have searched (2.0t, Saabs, Volvos, etc) is that they are either too tall, or the outlets are positioned to face rear and come in either over the top or sides of the rad and point back. This might work with a narrow radiator (i.e. like the Rallye golf FMIC), but as you know, with FL heat in the summer, a black car and A/C to boot, you need as big of a rad as you can get. So, I am not downsizing that.

What I foresee, is a FM similar in size to the ones you mentioned (large surface area), but the Inlet and Outlet will come off in the same plan as the IC but head out toward the right and left tow hooks. Then pipe around and up as usual.

I have the design already finalized in my mind and it will definitely work nicely. I just need to find and buy the right core to get started.

A 2.5" core looks like it would be perfect, but I could squeeze a 3" core in there if need be. Bell doesn't have a 2.5", but they have a 2.25 and a 3". The Difference in flow is very small (only 25cfm).
Can't wait to see this, might as well just build 2 :laugh:

No problem. We will get it built ;)
:thumbup: Just printed the a2 resource guide ;)

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Took a break on the intercooler briefly since it requires spending a lot of money :laugh: I pretty much have it all mapped out though and it will be slick.
I'll build you one for twenty bukks :laugh:

I really hate rebuilding axles and packing CV joints, so glad they are done and on! Redline CV2
That job is the absolute pitts :banghead: Redline huh, nice :D

...kind of blurry, but oh well.

Time foir a better camera :p

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
@ Chad

It's not the camera, there was no light and too tight for a flash. I was in Macro mode sans flash and was not able to keep it perfect with the super slow shutter. It my Nikon, peckerhead :p

Not very exciting of a picture regardless..

I was trying to get some shots off on my fuel rail the other day and same thing, damn Nikon :facepalm:

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Crappy weather, so no work on painting the front bumper and rad support to swap so no pics on the IC mockup, but here is one one of the G60 on the Bridgeport opening up both intakes.
Excuses :p

You gonna werk those fins?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.