VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
501 - 520 of 697 Posts

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
As usual, I have 20 things going on at once, but I did work on the IC setup quite a bit the other night as Lee mentioned. I don't want to post any pics yet though, but will soon.

The reason is that I need to complete refinishing my spare bumper, and shoot my spare upper Rad support so that I can swap them on my car now and take the Vr Rad Support that is currently on my car. ..plus add my SFT 70mm lip on :) I need this to complete the IC mockup.

Unfortunately, the IC is much tighter than I expected. So MUCH so, that the small diffs in the VR upper Support are required for use and there is also a lot of creativity needed to get this thing to work. Not to mention a lot of cutting here and there (but no mods to the rebar :rolleyes:). I am now confident that it will work, but realistically to try and repeat this solution for others, is not be the best route.

The avenue I almost went down with a Custom Garrett or Bell core and fab up end tanks would have been a better route and could have been made to work with only trimming the down strut on the upper Rad support when using the VR support with the G60 Rad/condenser setup.

·
Registered
Orig owner 90 g60, 02 allroad 6SP M w/ 3rd Row, 07 3X White NB Vert, 09 Escalade ESV Plat to tow em
8,178 Posts
Happy Anniversary!!!

9-3-06 to 4-10-11 ... Shawn I can throw away my Yellow Corrado manual now and upload this thread to an iPad.

Thanks so much for sharing all the knowledge. It's incredible how you've retained you're level of perfection and even more awesome that you've taken the time to document this for all us VW heads.

Here's to the ultimate vw RV

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Crappy weather, so no work on painting the front bumper and rad support to swap so no pics on the IC mockup, but here is one one of the G60 on the Bridgeport opening up both intakes.
Excuses :p

You gonna werk those fins?

·
Registered
9,198 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Been following along on your build. I to am doing an front mount intercooler on my G60. It's a rather large intercooler I don't have pics of it at the moment. I also plan to use a dietrich type front bumper mine is actually the Rieger made out of ABS and plan on cutting out the plate recess for max air flow. My intercooler will require to trim the rebar don't know exactly how much I can say the intercooler I'm using is a spearco with in out on the drivers side. Sounds like you will be using a rallye type intercooler. I plan on keeping my A/C.
Can have pics if anyone is interested.
Thanks Pete
BTW here is a couple of pics of my G60 with doggers new wing.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #519 ·
:popcorn::thumbup:

I think this is my favorite Corrado build because you are doing it they way I wanted to do my 20V G60. When finished do you think it will find its way to H20? I'd love a ride.
Thanks. I am not cutting anything out that I wanted to do, just to rush and get it done. I really wish I had more time in the last few years, but between working more and making less (much like everyone else) and Family life, there is very little time at the end of the day. I thought as the kids got older I would have MORE time, boy was I wrong LOL. I wouldn't have it any other way.

As for H20, with out a doubt! Around the time of last H20, I really thought that I would have it wrapped up and be there this year with it. Alas, I guess there is always next year :p

501 - 520 of 697 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.