VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
581 - 600 of 697 Posts

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #583 · (Edited)
Yea, pic is a bit deceiving, but since I will be making custom a/c lines, I make tweak it a few degrees downward anyway, which is no problem and no fear of hurting the evap.

I scrapped some time together to do a bit more in the IC piping and it is coming along nicely albeit a lot of tedious work. I just about have the Pass side done, but here are a few pics during.

I ended up cutting much more off the IC, just because it was easier/better for making smooth transitions. Even though it looks like there is a step transition at the top of that pipe where it meets the IC end tank, the inside is smooth as a baby's butt. The IC End tank is cast with a large rib, which will be ground down before welding to look more eye pleasing.

Filler Strip

Give you an idea , before shaping and welding.

No progress this weekend as I will be in Daytona for Bike week and Races.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
No progress this weekend as I will be in Daytona for Bike week and Races.
Looking good Shawn, as always :thumbup:

I passed thru Daytona earlier in the week and it was already crazy arond the HD dealer @ US-1 all closed off for what seemed like miles, we stopped there for gas on the way back from Jax picking up an almost immaculate 83 Cabby

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #586 ·
Looking good Shawn, as always :thumbup:

I passed thru Daytona earlier in the week and it was already crazy arond the HD dealer @ US-1 all closed off for what seemed like miles, we stopped there for gas on the way back from Jax picking up an almost immaculate 83 Cabby
haha, yea there were lots of shenanigans as usual. Races were unbelievable as always. An 18yr old girl from Ft Meyers won the morning Superbike race :eek: if you are into that -> http://elenamyers.com/. The Daytona 200 was great as well.

...back to work now :)

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
haha, yea there were lots of shenanigans as usual. Races were unbelievable as always. An 18yr old girl from Ft Meyers won the morning Superbike race :eek: if you are into that -> http://elenamyers.com/. The Daytona 200 was great as well.

...back to work now :)
Nice, but what does she way, 90lbs soaking wet? :laugh:

The 200 is awesome! I always liked the vintage class and flat track racing around the corner :thumbup:

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #588 · (Edited)
Spent 2 days figuring out what happened to the Cooling circuit on my TIG :mad:, but got it all squared up.

Had a bit of time to finish up the outlet side of the IC, I started mocking up some of the piping and will be starting on the Inlet side of the IC. It is slow progress as usual, but steady.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Spent 2 days figuring out what happened to the Cooling circuit on my TIG :mad:, but got it all squared up.

Had a bit of time to finish up the outlet side of the IC, I started mocking up some of the piping and will be starting on the Inlet side of the IC. It is slow progress as usual, but steady.
One of the best FMIC intercooler installs I have seen. Nice work, can't wait to see this transplanted into the car. :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Nice, but what does she way, 90lbs soaking wet? :laugh:

The 200 is awesome! I always liked the vintage class and flat track racing around the corner :thumbup:
Way? :facepalm: Chad please tell me you were drunk when you posted this or Adam posted for you.

Beautiful work as always Shawn. :thumbup:

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #591 ·
Thanks guys. As always, one thing I will remain true to is not cutting corners just to be done with it. I still have quite a bit of work to do, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The best things in life a far from a silly car, although it it would take an act of congress for me to part with my Corrado or my Harley for that matter.

But this was a truly great weekend! I got work done on the Corrado, my son (whom I coach at baseball) Pitched 2 great innings and hit a hard double off of the best pitcher in the little league Majors here, and I taught both my son and daughter to surf today. This, BTW, was at the same beach and very spot that I learned many years ago and then later used to represent my Turbo MKII Scirocco at back in the late '80s. Coincidentally, "The Shark Bite Capital of the world" (New Symrna Beach Inlet) , but who worries about that stuff? :cool:

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
I taught both my son and daughter to surf today. This, BTW, was at the same beach and very spot that I learned many years ago and then later used to represent my Turbo MKII Scirocco at back in the late '80s. Coincidentally, "The Shark Bite Capital of the world" (New Symrna Beach Inlet) , but who worries about that stuff? :cool:
:thumbup::thumbup:

Way? :facepalm: Chad please tell me you were drunk when you posted this or Adam posted for you.
Drunk posting FTW :laugh:

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #596 · (Edited)
:) Nothing in the last few weeks on this project. $$ Projects always come first.

I did finish up the outlet side though and started on the inlet.

This was my first official AL Intercooler Pipe TIG welding. Not too bad (just a little movement), but room for improvement which happened on weld 2 and 3, etc. Impressed at how the 2mm CXracing pipe welds.

·
Forum Elder
14,571 Posts
Coincidentally, "The Shark Bite Capital of the world" (New Symrna Beach Inlet) , but who worries about that stuff? :cool:
That's the whole reason I never wanted to learn. Ima wuss when it comes to being on the food chain. I'd much prefer to have a 800cc twin cylinder between my legs when playing in the surf. :D

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #599 · (Edited)
I have been super busy with everything under the sun (except the Corrado). Although, I did Buff and wax it and drive it a bit :p

One of many items that has been keeping me busy is this little girl I picked up. Don't let the fact that looks a bit messy and old fool you. This thing is built like a freaking tank!

I started tearing it apart to inspect, clean and paint. All of the internals look amazing, so it just needs a couple of bushings made on the apron shafts etc, and they are not even really that bad. Really just some TLC and a few things here and there.

Should be fun to have this at the house and not have to travel to my brother's shop to use his mini lathe :p

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
I have been super busy with everything under the sun (except the Corrado). Although, I did Buff and wax it and drive it a bit :p

One of many items that has been keeping me busy is this little girl I picked up. Don't let the fact that looks a bit messy and old fool you. This thing is built like a freaking tank!

I started tearing it apart to inspect, clean and paint. All of the internals look amazing, so it just needs a couple of bushings made on the apron shafts etc, and they are not even really that bad. Really just some TLC and a few things here and there.

Should be fun to have this at the house and not have to travel to my brother's shop to use his mini lathe :p

Damn dood :eek:

Supposedly it's the old "tankish" machinery that is the best :beer:

581 - 600 of 697 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.