VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
621 - 640 of 697 Posts

·
Registered
13,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·
Yea, it is definitely time for it to be done... I really hope to wrap it up this year.

The good thing, is that I have not given up and work on it weekly, but life has me too busy lately (I am actually ok with that). The Older you get the less time you have to do what you want as opposed to what you "need to do". Wife and kids are priorities as well as work and the house (job in itself). The maintenance alone on 2 Harleys, kids motorcycles, boat and 3 cars is a full time job too. Not to mention the side work I have been doing including continuing to make 02m mounts.

What I have left:

- Rebuild spare G60 charger (already started)
- Finish IC piping (Close)
- Make intake piping and Air Box
- Relocate Batt to Trunk (Likely)
- Finalize A/C lines
- Purchase and mount Oil Cooler in Stock G60 IC duct
- finish remaking the Serp Belt Tensioner (Close)
- Fab work on Header
- MSIII wiring harness
- Misc odds and ends

Then just install it all an [email protected]

·
Registered
Orig owner 90 g60, 02 allroad 6SP M w/ 3rd Row, 07 3X White NB Vert, 09 Escalade ESV Plat to tow em
8,233 Posts
Gonna have the exchg'r for the AWIC cram'd behind the bumper. Oil Cooler in Stock G60 IC duct. You just resolved where my oil cooler's going.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Yea, it is definitely time for it to be done... I really hope to wrap it up this year.

The good thing, is that I have not given up and work on it weekly, but life has me too busy lately (I am actually ok with that). The Older you get the less time you have to do what you want as opposed to what you "need to do". Wife and kids are priorities as well as work and the house (job in itself). The maintenance alone on 2 Harleys, kids motorcycles, boat and 3 cars is a full time job too. Not to mention the side work I have been doing including continuing to make 02m mounts.

What I have left:

- Rebuild spare G60 charger (already started)
- Finish IC piping (Close)
- Make intake piping and Air Box
- Relocate Batt to Trunk (Likely)
- Finalize A/C lines
- Purchase and mount Oil Cooler in Stock G60 IC duct
- finish remaking the Serp Belt Tensioner (Close)
- Fab work on Header
- MSIII wiring harness
- Misc odds and ends

Then just install it all an [email protected]
useable BOOST for 2K14 :laugh:

·
Registered
13,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #625 ·
Gonna have the exchg'r for the AWIC cram'd behind the bumper. Oil Cooler in Stock G60 IC duct. You just resolved where my oil cooler's going.
yea, might as well make use of it. I am planning on tapping into that duct for the CAI to the Air box which will be relocated to the Driver's side. approx 6"x7" duct opening in the rear, but the oil cooler doesn't have to be that size obviously.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Lest not forget, I am driving my Corrado daily while this is taking place

:p
:laugh:

busted for the "useable" edit :laugh:

·
Registered
13,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #628 ·
The lathe looks nice all cleaned up now :thumbup:
Thanks, I spent a week or more hand scraping the ways to get this thing in perfect tune and back to spec. Been using it quite a bit, but still need to make one Spur gear and shaft for the apron gearbox and then will be able to start cutting threads and auto facing. I bought the right gear cutter to use on the bridgeport, but just need to find some time...

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
I just finished reading the whole thread. Brilliant work. :thumbup:

Any progress over the last six months or so?

·
Registered
13,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #630 ·
I just finished reading the whole thread. Brilliant work. :thumbup:

Any progress over the last six months or so?
Thanks. Yes, a bit of progress actually. I'll post when I have time to sort pictures.

I know I have said it before, but I am shooting for this year. Outside of tires, I have purchased just about everything to finish, so this was something that contributed to the the project pace.

I picked up a set of BBS CH's so it seems 5x100 wheels have been sorted out :D I would have preferred an 8" width max, but many have made the 8.5" CHs to work very nicely on the Corrado.

·
Registered
13,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #634 · (Edited)
Never got a chance to update photos and updated progress up to end of Jan but will try to soon. From then, zero progress as I am just way to busy these days.

Goal is still to have the new lump in this year.

Boths of ya. Getting tired of seeing mine and rycou's:laugh:
:D, my car is on the road and I drive it quite a bit, but need to find time to meet up with you guys :laugh: ...(right after I find time to work on this project :laugh:)

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Never got a chance to update photos and updated progress up to end of Jan but will try to soon. From then, zero progress as I am just way to busy these days.

Goal is still to have the new lump in this year.

:D, my car is on the road and I drive it quite a bit, but need to find time to meet up with you guys :laugh: ...(right after I find time to work on this project :laugh:)
Any updates?

621 - 640 of 697 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.