VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
641 - 660 of 697 Posts

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #644 ·
Any updates Shawn?
Last few months have been extremely busy, so no time to even look at it (other than acquire a few parts here and there).

My Durango's Auto Trans is still apart in my garage with all of the new parts awaiting re-assembly (that along has been 4 months..), and it takes priority. ..hopefully this week.

No excuses, just life updates :)

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #648 ·
Thanks. Not much progress lately, but I have s ton of stuff to post from the past year or 2 (if I ever get time).

The studs that I have researched and found are VW factory from a later Auto Trans. Shoot me a PM and I will send you the part number and length. I have since been able to find a 10.9 Bolt of proper length which is less expensive from a bolt supplier. The only benefit of the factory stud, is that it has the 10mm short stud on the head for the Ground Cable. LMk if you have any questions!

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #649 · (Edited)
Why do engineers always seem to fix their auto trans themselves. Just found it funny 😁. Like haha
A little late on the response (like 3 years LOL) but I was a mechanic LONG before I was an Engineer :). The transmission was finished shortly after your post and built to tear down a house. I rebuilt and beefed it up 9 ways til Sunday because this pulled our Travel Trailer. However, shortly before finishing the trans, I came across a deal on an 6.0 F250 SD Diesel that I could not pass up. :laugh: Naturally, I had to Bullet Proof it and in a few months following, pulled teh heads and went to town...

Also, had to do the 09g Trans in my Wife's old CC that got handed down to my son. While we were in there, we did the Timing Chains, rear main seal and a host of other things...

These along with a bazillion other projects bring us to today.

Still Driving my Corrado with the Stage 4 G60 setup and have been tweaking Megasquirt all along the way. In addition to all of the above, I have been inching my way into completion.

The Trans on the CC was a big roadblock and my son and I lost valuable time over the winter on the Corrado Project we started for him (yea, another one). We had the Engine bay almost ready to paint when the trans went out, so we halted his Corrado. The plan was, Paint his engine Bay, take the Drive train out of mine and slip into his and then install the 2020 6speed.

I'll will catch up on some pictures over the last few years... :banghead:

Here is a teaser of the CHs I refinished for this project:

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #650 · (Edited)
Looks like I left off updating the thread while working on the intercooler. So, here are updates.

As always, click to Enbiggin!

I ended up remaking this pipe later on as you will see because I wasn't 100% satisfied with the gap at the TB (boot)..

Making Support brackets. Please neglect, these sloppy Tig welds as I was rushing...

Temporary to hold things together while I remake the Duct.

641 - 660 of 697 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.