VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i finished all of the motor work, now for the aesthetics, got any ideas?

id really like to make the hood match the rest of the car but im not sure how to go about doin that...any ideas?

· Registered
1,719 Posts
Get new G60 skirts, remove that stuff from head window, give it a entire Body respray, Lowe it and get some wided steelies or something and you have yourself a dope ride

· Registered
1,041 Posts
well your supposed to do what YOU think looks cool. but since you arent:
step1:eek:pen PVW
step2:copy car in PVW
step3:post pictures on vortex
step4: change what people dont like.

· Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,809 Posts
Re: Project Car Ideas (92'GTI)

Quote, originally posted by 92’GTI »

id really like to make the hood match the rest of the car but im not sure how to go about doin that...any ideas?

Paint it? Is this really a question?

· Registered
153 Posts
Re: Project Car Ideas (92'GTI)

Seriously, this may sound stupid, but I just finished fixing up my hatch and had some bad luck with the auto paint that I was sold, so after re-priming it I wasn't too stoked to repurchase it and try again. So I used ACE hardware's brand of high gloss black and laid it on thick enough to get a slight orange peel going and it actually turned out REALLY GOOD! It matches almost perfectly! Just a thought for a cheap way to make your hood match the rest of your car... it'd bug me too.

· Registered
2,074 Posts
Re: Project Car Ideas (jtgospo)

Looks like you've got a rally theme going on....so I say.....
DON'T lower it.
[flame suit on]
throw some 90-93 Passat springs on it and get yourself a few more inches. Keep the wheels, keep the roof rack (maybe add some fairing to it). And put on some mudflaps. It would look like a killer rally car, and I bet it would drive like one too!

· Registered
11,379 Posts
Re: Project Car Ideas (asynchron)

Quote, originally posted by asynchron »
Looks like you've got a rally theme going on....so I say.....
DON'T lower it.
[flame suit on]
throw some 90-93 Passat springs on it and get yourself a few more inches. Keep the wheels, keep the roof rack (maybe add some fairing to it). And put on some mudflaps. It would look like a killer rally car, and I bet it would drive like one too!

you forgot MORE LIGHTS!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.