VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PROJECT CAR

i built the body kit from scratch, what do you guys think?

Modified by FXTHTRX at 7:44 PM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Re: PROJECT CAR (FXTHTRX)

Ummm, I'll just be nice and note that I find the "BUY AMERICAN" sticker placed on the bumper of a German car made in Brazil ironically hysterical.

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Re: (tornadoredcabby)

Wow thats quite the "PROJECT CAR" its not some science experiment gone awry?

Modified by Banned wagon at 8:56 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Re: (Banned wagon)

just outta curiosity have you ever owned or considered getting a civic?

ok that aside i applaud you trying to fab a body kit for it keep going so you get good at body work... then maybe if you can make it slightly more attractive looking you can sell your own kit on here

Modified by 93wolfsburg at 12:26 AM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Re: (16volt)

Quote, originally posted by 16volt »
Awesome!
Finally a custom done Fox on here!
Can I ask where you got the wing, or was it custom? How much was it?

umm there are a lot of custom foxes on here... i gaurantee you won't find another like mine.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: PROJECT CAR (deviousfox)

the LED tail light works fine, the wing is an eclipse wing chopped, narrowed, bondo-ed, fiberglassed, and painted.
the front chin spoiler is an upside-down and reversed mid 90's passat spoiler
there is also now a nascar style driver's side window safety net too
more pics later

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Re: PROJECT CAR (Banned wagon)

Quote, originally posted by Banned wagon »
Drunk Passed Out Volkswagen Mechanic
http://www.iwishiwereanoscarma...y.htm

Is it just a coincidence that you were on that website? Because fxthtrx owns that website. And I am the passed out mechanic! (It was the captains fault!, and it was my birthday) http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: (93wolfsburg)

Quote, originally posted by 93wolfsburg »
umm there are a lot of custom foxes on here... i gaurantee you won't find another like mine.....

Looks like Scotts old wheels/grill and as for the body kit, there is a 2 door with that one on here, so you are technically right: I have not seen a 4 door with a full body kit in a long time.
Now show me a VW Motorsports body kit, then we will be getting somewhere rare.
Oh, and I applaud the Wolfsburg badge. Keep them guessing, right?
As for the original poster, I am happy to see ingenuity here for a change. I have a GTI rear wing here that I have been eyeballing with paint coming up really soon, and lots have wondered what to do with the front spoiler effect. The blue color has its VW roots too, I believe.
Only thing I would change is that I am not particular to the 3 color body thing. I would/will probably go to a monochrome paint scheme, so my accents will standout. Mainly them bumpers. Big, black, and ugly. Found some aluminum rabbit ones at the JY that I need to take a tape measure to. That is, if I don't like the paint guns results.
Wecome aboard.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts