Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2488 Posts

·
Banned
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Project Doppelgänger- Just Another Caddy Build

Did finally pickup the truck today. Turns out she is even nicer than expected. It drives so nice even though the motor is tired. I think ABA is going to be the ticket.

This what I have uploaded so far. I took a bunch of cleaning shots but I have loaded them yet.

Nice shiny paint... no wait. That just Oregon all over my truck.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

The good side. Turns out I was off on my wheel identification. They are Primes. I have 3 of the four caps. Something neat about them, they are directional. Kinda cool for a cheap ass 80's wheel.

The not so good side. Its straight its just colorful. I was told it scraped a center divider at some point. Checked the mud work and seems to be hardly any.

Tailgate was swapped at some point but hey at least its not yellow. Rear bumper is 100% intact and straight as an arrow. Plan to do some powder coat and fresh bolts. I love how it looks.

Came with 4 studded snows. Check out the wood bed protectors. I pulled them of and got lucky. Rails are mint. Will need to fill some holes though.

Interior just needs a serious cleaning. I do need a nicer dash though. Anyone got anything laying around? Any color is fine.

Engine bay is NASTY. PO said the oil cap came off a while back and it completely hosed down the engine compartment. Nothing the car wash cant handle. Cleaning is the best mod ever. It damn near free and you get instant gratification.

Came with some extra goodies. Show you those in a sec.

Yay... slider. I hope it not a leaker.

No rust and no flattened pinchwelds

Extra treasure!

These are super sweet

So... Found out its from Riviera Motors. Same place my buddies Jetta is from. Strong chance they spent time on the lot together. I need to mug him for his Riviera license plate frame.

More side shots

Clock still works perfectly. Odo, trip, and fuel are another story. Mileage unknown... dont really care honestly. How do I turn off the EGR light on the Westies? I have forgotten.

Well thats all for now. I post some cleaning pics later.

Enjoy! :beer:

·
Registered
405 Posts
excited to see where this goes.

heres hoping it goes there without that front end.

put a shell on the back and cut the rear of the cab off! ;)

·
Banned
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's a sweet ride!!!!

i protyped my idea last night....it works pretty well....and actually would be awesome for this setup!!! i'll get you details this evening :beer:
I look forward to seeing what you mocked up.

...and i can't wait to see this thing go down ;)
x2. I spent most of the night last night plot my attack.

·
Registered
14,868 Posts
Slim chance but did this truck have a build thread on here yeeeeeeeears ago? Looks familer I'll have to see if I can find a pic in my caddy stash.

·
Banned
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Slim but possible. I believe he has owned it for quite awhile. I lurks on here but I never seem him post.

·
Registered
14,868 Posts
looks like a different truck.

I always wondered what happened to it though.

·
Registered
14,868 Posts
Too funny... both Washington trucks too.
Yeah, was a pretty cool truck had some unique styling cues going on. I think it was around 2004 when this pic was taken.

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
im really looking forward to seeing progress on this truck :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 2488 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.