VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I did not expect it to be like this judging by the first few photos :laugh:

Good job, keep up the work on it and don't forget to update your page...
:D heard that a lot up here .. trying to the most i can within my budget !! Its a pretty fun build so far, just kinda frustrating with the parts delays but I will live ..

and joey , im in the hampton roads area. Newport news to be exact.

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Are you using oil when you hone?
pics make it look so much more rougher then it actually looks ... I did use oil yeahh.. When i snap a pic it like enlightens everything and shows the smallest detail .. the walls are smooth to touch and im not a professional engine builder but it seems okay to me, I got a inside bore gauge and it all seems okay, Never had a problem with compression issues before i tore it apart just figured i would do this while im in here. Shaving off with a couple goes up and down shouldnt throw anything off , as far as I know. let me know otherwise please haha

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
So its raining and I wont be putting it together today , Work is picking up so i should be ordering my springs soon and thats it for the head .. next step after that is machine shop and car should be on its way to getting put back together

· Registered
869 Posts
Props for being the same age as me and knowing how to do all of this by yourself:thumbup:

Ill be keeping an eye on this thread:thumbup:
Props for both of you for being my age and knowing how to do this stuff as well :thumbup:

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Usually its in the family, father helps son build his old cars from a young age ... not me, I picked this up in 11th grade of high school and been doing it since, now I do it for a living and i just turned 19 .. Dont see myself staying at a dealership my whole life, working on cars all week 9 hours a day and constantly doing tests and stupid shi* takes a toll on doing any work on the side to your own car..

Im taking a diff approach at it, lots of older and wiser people say to not mix career and hobby but so far im doing okay :thumbup: I try to put a hand on the jetta as much as possible.

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Update: just spoke to a local vw guy who's parting out, buying all 4 door panels off of him due to the fact of the spray paint junkie before me.. Interior will be my next goal I'm shooting for after the heads on and motors running. And I'm NOT doing plaid interior just incase anyone is curious;)

41 - 60 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.