VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Drove FrankenWagen to DMV to title & license it, As I pulled out of the parking lot all of a sudden the engine reves by the throttle, I hear some wining noies out od the transmission & the gear selector goes into all 6 positions but no movement. No bangs no unusual noises out of the transmission. Becaus I also need a Tailgate, I guess I'm pulling the trigger to put it in it's grave.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hmm. Did the bolt fall out that attaches the lower linkage to the input shaft from the transmission?

Yeap present, tight, trans shifts properly, clutch works OK, I verified with a borescope the input shaft tp the transaxel is being turned by the motor & not slipping. It appears that the ring & pinion in the differential are no longer in contact. Given what I learned about "Boy Blunder" I suspect the Audi 4000 that provided the engine & trans he put in FrankenWagon had transaxel issues and he did his usual bs repair to it before selling it to the person I bought it from.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Turns out the issue was a outer CV joint failure without any warning clicking noises etc.After I got it back to the shop I got it on a set of ramps so I could look underneath it, I didn't block/chock the rear wheels opened the tailgate to get some stuff from inside & left for the day. When I came back the next morning it had rolled off the ramps slamming the tailgate into a stud in the wall breaking the rear windshield and severely twerking the tailgate. After looking at what it would cost to fix all of this I decided to put it out of it's Missouri (Spelling intended). I sold it to someone who was kind of local to me.
Forehead Nose Chin Eyebrow Jaw

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.