VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update on page 2
Pics with the new wheels http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4416916
So figured i would go a head and get my build up thread started since i started my build. I dont plan on having this done any time soon, at the earliest im looking is mid march durring spring and at latest by the end of May. With school and all i just dont have the time or the space to do it. Cars currently on H&R Super Sport springs and Bilstein Sport shocks.
But enough with the blabber on to the set up and the pics.
The kit.

Bagyard Front struts.
Slam Specialties RE5 rear bags
Slip and skinny 5 gal tank.
dual SMC water traps.
2 Viair duel needle 160psi gauges.
2 6 prong switches ( front up/down, rear up/down)
Bilstein Rear sport shocks
Back to Basics rear cups.
Dual viair 400's
110/145 pressure switch.
Fittings and other misc stuff.
AFC 3/8 manifold valves.
Fablab Pressurite.
And the car its going on.

Modified by runnin9z at 8:20 PM 1-7-2009

Modified by runnin9z at 12:09 AM 1-12-2009

Modified by runnin9z at 12:44 AM 3-17-2009

Modified by runnin9z at 2:26 PM 6-3-2009

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Project STEALTH, a MKV story...... (runnin9z)

Got the trunk and tank all set up, the goal was to keep it as stealthy as possible and to maximise trunk space to haul stuff back and forth to school. I also wanted to keep a spare tire, i have a 3 hr drive back and forth to school and a blow out on the highway with no spare would suck. I ended up getting a Audi A3 donut spare to save space and it worked out nice. I was also able to get the sub amp off the seat and under the floor.
The floor was raised 7 inches or and it flush with the part where the hatch closes. I should be able to get all the valves and compressors under there.
How it started minus the sub

Progress.

OOOPS had my garge door opener sitting on the roof, dad opend the hatch and it slid in the gap, when we closed it crunch and bend. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
****s gay for real
hahaha, let me know how much u end up spending ya ****, and i may have to start saving up if i end up keeping the mkv. Pretty sure in the end its cheaper then sub frames, airbags and oil pans lol.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (keepit)

Quote, originally posted by keepit »
****s gay for real
hahaha, let me know how much u end up spending ya ****, and i may have to start saving up if i end up keeping the mkv. Pretty sure in the end its cheaper then sub frames, airbags and oil pans lol.

haha maybe you should just watch were your driving and not go off roading.
Plus i need a new hatch witch sucks.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (diive4sho)

Quote, originally posted by diive4sho »
looks clean...I like how you are gonna have air, a sub and still have room for a little trunk space. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Well there was no way i was getting rid of the sub lol, got to be able to take dirty laundry home to get washed haha, and well air thats a no brainer.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Re: (runnin9z)

Quote, originally posted by runnin9z »

haha maybe you should just watch were your driving and not go off roading.
Plus i need a new hatch witch sucks.

Haha i was watching for real no way to avoid it, if i had air i could have aired up and maybe missed it like it was ****ing huge dude for real. It was either hit it or get rear ended slamming on the brakes to get around it.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
looks real clean.
my only complaint is, how are your going to access the water trap? besides having to take the sub and floor out twice a week

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (PIFF)

Quote, originally posted by PIFF »
looks real clean.
my only complaint is, how are your going to access the water trap? besides having to take the sub and floor out twice a week
looks real clean.

Humm didnt really think about that. Guess im going have to take the sub out every week like you said lol. the floor is able to hinge up and can be propped up with a piece of wood or something so the floor and amp dont have to come completely out.
I guess its a trade off but ill be able to live with it.... hopfully

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Re: (PIFF)

looks real clean.

how often do you drain your water trap?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Re: (IvIikeWhy)

Hey ****,
Thought u got the hatch fixed?
Setup looks alright so far, i mean for a Brown kid i expected everything to look comepletly stock haha but its ok ur still in college ile give u this one

Q: Where's the water trap located at?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (vdubdan01)

Quote, originally posted by vdubdan01 »
Hey ****,
Thought u got the hatch fixed?
Setup looks alright so far, i mean for a Brown kid i expected everything to look comepletly stock haha but its ok ur still in college ile give u this one

Q: Where's the water trap located at?

Hey Barbie Ken i dont want to hear it from you. The idea was for the whole set up to look stock idiot, hence the name STEALTH lol
Water trap mounts between the tank and the compressor.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Re: (IvIikeWhy)

Quote, originally posted by IvIikeWhy »

how often do you drain your water trap?

about twice a week. ny gets awfully cold in the winter.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (vdubdan01)

Quote, originally posted by vdubdan01 »
this thing isn't done yet?

why isn't our name in ur sig? hmmm...?

Danny your such a tard.... No its not done it be really weird to bag just the rear with no compressors or valves, id have to run around with a bike pump.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.