VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1048 Posts

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i bought my R in june of 2007. it had 23000 miles on it. i had wanted a DBP R32 since i laid eyes on one in 2003. the demise of my 98 VR GTi was the catalyst to my situation.

it started stock, then i added H&R RSS coils and H&R F&R sways.

next was a BFI lower tie bar, and little else. it stayed as such for quite some time. you see, i was afraid that i would 'ruin' or 'damage' such a highly esteemed and low production caR if i tampeRed too much.

2008 saw the installation of a VF Stage II supercharger kit with C2 fuelling.

i also came into a set of polished, forged RoJa Formula 5 wheels.

i managed to get all of these things sorted at home before my wedding in August of 2008.

early 2009 found Ground Control camber/caster plates and VF mounts under the income-tax-return-tree.

fast forward to summer 2009. i got tired of being respectable and afRaid. Started a little club for guys who just wanted to remember that dubs are for fun. LOA

bought new, genuine, H&R coils for my coilovers. got my LOW on. (ruined my fendeRs and installed a skidplate)

shortly after that, i came into some used sawblades and got played out. (sat about right, but oh, so bloody original it hurts)

drove to H2Oi (750 miles each way) with two passengers and a ton of crap and nearly died on the way back. (thank you 50# raccoon and unkempt highway seams)

at H2Oi:

after H2Oi:

so now, here's 2010.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by Cody Maverick »
ure car is beautiful.. and has gone very very far.. those formula wheels are so sick

it's currently a little inside out. had a rough february. the guy running those RoJa's is in RI rocking them hard as nails on a black GLI.
i haven't even started into what this year holds...

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FV-QR

poor sucka never saw me coming

two interweb/vortex phenoms at work here...DrB (the good looking one) & Tifun (
)

this mo-fo tried to kill me. but i perservered.

started getting my beautification on...

^^^^big thanks to Kevin at EuroImageTuning. these are gonna save my aRse!

Modified by dr. b at 12:49 AM 3-4-2010

Modified by dr. b at 12:50 AM 3-4-2010

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by zylinderkopf »

awesome! what wheels are these?!

run of the mill RS4 reps with dodgy paint and no center caps.
with better paint and center caps:

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by duvinclunk »

Sick car. ^ What are those?

EuroImageTuning motor mount spacers. i'm starting to cRush oilpans at an alarming rate. this will buy me another inch of sump/earth clearance.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Re: FV-QR (dr. b)

Quote, originally posted by dr. b »

EuroImageTuning motor mount spacers. i'm starting to cRush oilpans at an alarming rate. this will buy me another inch of sump/earth clearance.

Does that have any negative effects?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by duvinclunk »

Does that have any negative effects?

raising the cG, I can't think of any other major issues off the top of my head other than possibly hitting the hood?
I don't know why you don't just destroy a Mk4 GTI, at least they aren't as fast or handle as well as an R. Dropping it that low can't help your handling at all.

I imagine that 1.8T oilpans are cheaper than VR6 as well...

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by ZPrime »

raising the cG, I can't think of any other major issues off the top of my head other than possibly hitting the hood?
I don't know why you don't just destroy a Mk4 GTI, at least they aren't as fast or handle as well as an R. Dropping it that low can't help your handling at all.

I imagine that 1.8T oilpans are cheaper than VR6 as well...

ahahahahahahahaha
some people just dont get it...can we please direct this fool to the LOA thread...

1 - 20 of 1048 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.