VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to redo my car a bit, just some prep for the summer show season. I have some changes in coming up. First off is air management.
I have been running literally the same air management setup, both in configuration and parts since the day I put the air suspension system in. My entire point of the first build was to get it functioning then worry about making the stuff look good. So now that I have everything working how I want it, it's time to make it look good.
I am going to be doing this in stages. First just gettting the tanks plumbed to the current valves and compressors, then new valves/lines. My car is daily driven and its all I have so the stages is going to be necessary.
Here is the setup as it sits right now. 1/2" lines and valves (needle valves on the rear bags). 5 gallon tank, two 380s. VERY DEPENDABLE!! I haven't had a problem besides a bad wire when I first got the system going.

It's not pretty (right now) but it works.... well.
*Warning... the follow pictures contain rats nests of wires, and general unorganized, unpretty chaos.*

Modified by Plain at 10:32 AM 4-23-2008

Modified by Plain at 10:36 AM 4-23-2008

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FV-QR

My new 3 gallon tanks!

Here is one of my new 3 gallon tanks, compared to my 5 gallon.

I live in apartment (buying a house soon) so I don't own a table saw... yet. So I had a local woodshop cut up some MDF for me to some specific measurments.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finding the center point of where I want my spare tire area opening, I used a piece of foam core, poked a hole in one end, then measured down 13 inches and poked another hole, one for a screw and one for a marker.

This is how it should look. Compressors and valves will be in the spare tire area.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The spare tire well has a giant hump in the middle. I am not sure if there is an evap system in their or not, plus someone may wanna put this car back to stock one day so I wanna try to keep that intact so I am am planning on working around it. Using the same technique I lay out the ring that the compressors and valves will sit on.

Thats where I finished up yesterday. Today I am going to try to mount my big half in valves and old 380 compressors until my new 3/8" lines and valves/fittings some in. My car is driven everyday so I gotta have air in it.

1 - 20 of 289 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.