VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how many times I have harped on people about having 10" wheels with 3" lips, and how easy it is to get a 4" lip.
Well here it is my old 17x9.5 Budnik Smoothies on a MK4 Jetta with nearly a 4.5" lip. No pulled fenders, just poke and stretch. Its all about the offset.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Re: Proof that most people in the mk4 realm suck at offsets. (Buttero J-Lo)

Quote, originally posted by Buttero J-Lo »
i see some random girl picking at the back of nunzo's shirt, and its not his gf

I think thats Meg aka sexyVWdiva
She lives 20 minutes from me.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Re: Proof that most people in the mk4 realm suck at offsets. (big bentley)

I admit

I messed up with my rocket science and instead of 10mm spacers I could be rocking 10mm more dish on the 9.5's

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
poke, stretch, and pull...hmm...

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Re: Proof that most people in the mk4 realm suck at offsets. (MadHaddu12)

Quote, originally posted by MadHaddu12 »
nice, so... what IS the offset?

very low. not sure extacly what they are

·
Banned
3,956 Posts
Re: Proof that most people in the mk4 realm suck at offsets. (Buttero J-Lo)

Quote, originally posted by Buttero J-Lo »
i see some random girl picking at the back of nunzo's shirt, and its not his gf

lol, thats meg, i havent a damn clue what she's doing

and not all of us are clueless

started out as 17x8.5 with 7" barrels and 1.5" lips up front and 17x9.5" with 7.5" barrels and 2" lips out back
now 7" barrels and 2" lips up front for 9" wide and 7.5" barrels with 3" lips out back for 10.5" wide, 26mm offset all around. the fronts clear the brakes with 2mm to spare, the rears sit absolutely perfect and clear both inside and out, havent seen that wide a wheel clear a mk4 without fender modification yet http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Re: Proof that most people in the mk4 realm suck at offsets. (billcosbyluvsvr6s)

Quote, originally posted by billcosbyluvsvr6s »
lol, thats meg, i havent a damn clue what she's doing
and not all of us are clueless

started out as 17x8.5 with 7" barrels and 1.5" lips up front and 17x9.5" with 7.5" barrels and 2" lips out back
now 7" barrels and 2" lips up front for 9" wide and 7.5" barrels with 3" lips out back for 10.5" wide, 26mm offset all around. the fronts clear the brakes with 2mm to spare, the rears sit absolutely perfect and clear both inside and out, havent seen that wide a wheel clear a mk4 without fender modification yet http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

If anyone on this board knows their wheels, it's Nunz. He's been through so many different sets of wheels, that those of us in Pittsburgh time our showers and underwear changes by his wheel purchases.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Re: Proof that most people in the mk4 realm suck at offsets. (collins_tc)

WERD Neil... MKIII's know there **** when it comes to offest...
The wheels were first on Neil's MKIII VR Cabby, then to my MKIII VR6T Cabby, and ended up finally on the MKIV Jetta...
From the east to the west, then back to the east + north!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.