VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was working on replacing the clutch and flywheel on my MK4 R32 and noticed this. I was able to get the parts I need to replace it but the Bentley doesn't have any info on replacing it. From what I can see I can get to 2 of the backside bolts but the 3rd looks like a pain to get to. Has anyone replaced this and have any info on doing this job a little easier??? Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this the part you are talking about removing??

·
Registered
348 Posts
So I was working on replacing the clutch and flywheel on my MK4 R32 and noticed this. I was able to get the parts I need to replace it but the Bentley doesn't have any info on replacing it. From what I can see I can get to 2 of the backside bolts but the 3rd looks like a pain to get to. Has anyone replaced this and have any info on doing this job a little easier??? Thanks

What is the problem? You can turn the propellor shaft or you should lower the subframe.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured I can rotate the prop shaft to get to all the bolts and hold the prop shaft in place with a box wrench but I wasn't sure if this would throw off anything between the front and rear diff, probably overthinking this first time doing something like this

·
Registered
626 Posts
When I took out my prop shaft to replace the cv joint and carrier bearing, I marked every junction with a paint marker. To make sure it went back in with the same orientation.
I also replaced the front flex joint and installed it backwards lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts