VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so im almost done with my 2.0 8v swap and i need to know what the heck the proper belt size is!!!! i took off the power steering and the a/c pump and put on a Vr6 water pump pulley as directed and i tried a FPK1115 and thats wayyyy too big..then i read on here that the correct one for the swap is a 400k6 and i saw the belt and that just seems like its gonna be too short, can anyone PLEASE shead some light on this????? thanks all -Danny

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Re: PROPER BELT SIZE NEEDED!!!!! (chickenwantsarabbit)

Well if you read on here what the correct belt is supposed to be and decided that was wrong just go measure it yourself so that you know for sure what belt your set up needs.

· Registered
177 Posts
Re: PROPER BELT SIZE NEEDED!!!!! (diddle.)

Seems simple enough? Take a rope, loop it around the pulleys, mark it, take it to your local auto parts store and get one the same size. Chances are if someone gives you a part #, it's not going to work anyway because of the 1000 difference belt manufacturers. Measure it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.