VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the proper wheel offset for the front and rear so that the wheels are just inside the fender? My wheels are way inside the fenders and i need to space them out but don't know the correct spacing.

· Registered
1,650 Posts
Re: Proper wheel offset for gti. (turbo-daddy)

ET - 38 is the factory std .... I have on Miglia 100 and the are offset at 35, so I guess you could get away with that kind of offset, but as someone has pointed out different wheels with same offset may not fit so like buying shoes you need to try them on. Oh by the was my Miglia is deep dish, may make a difference.

· Registered
5,396 Posts
Re: Proper wheel offset for gti. (H2Zero)

Quote, originally posted by H2Zero »
ET - 38 is the factory std .... I have on Miglia 100 and the are offset at 35, so I guess you could get away with that kind of offset, but as someone has pointed out different wheels with same offset may not fit so like buying shoes you need to try them on. Oh by the was my Miglia is deep dish, may make a difference.

Well saying factory standard is a bit if a stretch. Factory wheels range from 32 to 45 depending on the wheel. Also the offset needs to be related to the width of the rim you are talking about. A 14x6.5 with a 38ET will fit but a 17x8 with the same 38ET would rub.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.