VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've seen a lot of really nice VWs here. But I've noticed that a lot of them are lowered--what are some of the good things and bad things about lowering them? Ideas in regards to my '97 Jetta Trek? Thanks guys! :]

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Re: Pros/Cons of Lowering? (wampa)

well just think about it.
the lower, the harder its gonna be to get into/out of parking lots or gas stations or even access some roads

buttt you'll be lower and it wont feel like you're gonna roll your car every time you go around a corner

of course i dont know the low feeling....yet..

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Re: Pros/Cons of Lowering? (wampa)

haha this should be good.
Pro to lowering is it doesn't look like a retarded 4x4.
Con is you hit more sh*t on the road.

Some people also lower for handling but that's totally different and not to be confused with lowering for looks.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Re: Pros/Cons of Lowering? (xxxfattonyxxx)

Pros-Looks, handling (in a sense)
Cons- Damage to underbody, engine vitals (oil pans/pumps) and parts wear out faster (balljoints, axles, bearings)
Pros outweigh the cons for me.
Stock height=the suck.
Low=awesome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, this is helping a bit...now keep in mind also that I have a full neon underglow kit on it...does that change things? Hah, I mean really I think it would look great and the handling will get a bit better which I wont complain about, but mostly I'm just nervous that things are gonna start rubbing and grinding and...just bad bad things, haha

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Re: (Eve0ftheattack)

Quote, originally posted by Eve0ftheattack »
Alright, this is helping a bit...now keep in mind also that I have a full neon underglow kit on it...

do you also have a wings west body kit with a big spoiler? and a fart can?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: (Eve0ftheattack)

Quote, originally posted by Eve0ftheattack »
Alright, this is helping a bit...now keep in mind also that I have a full neon underglow kit on it...does that change things? Hah, I mean really I think it would look great and the handling will get a bit better which I wont complain about, but mostly I'm just nervous that things are gonna start rubbing and grinding and...just bad bad things, haha

Heres what you gotta do. Go into your closet, dig up the ol flamesuit, put it on and run for the hills. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (m87)

::sighhh:: Alright, alright so maybe not everyone is into the whole underglow thing. So what do you guys think I should do to it? I put in a new intake already, put a system in, added some tints, and am waiting to get my Viper Alarm and Power Windows & Locks kit to come in. Sooo now what? :]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (CrackedOilPan)

Quote, originally posted by CrackedOilPan »

That sh!t must look sA Weeet!

I thought so at least! I mean its not at all like bright green or neon yellow or anything; its pink underglow. I'm gonna paint the car black and spray the VW emblem in the back and the wheel trim pink; nothin too flashy until the neons are on

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.