VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a buzz kill... killing a few hours over at my girlfriends waiting on a delayed flight. I came out around 1:30ish am to this:
damn kids!

If they would have asked, I would have given it to them and save the hassles of repainting. The scar is down to the the sheet metal.

What sucks is last week I was too lazy to remove them(thinking the R would fall the ///M syndrome)
any south florida blue guys have some touch paint handy?
anyone have the part numbers for the front and rear badges? Looks like she is going up to the shop a bit earlier for a spray.

Modified by rich! @ TSS at 12:46 PM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Re: Protect your .:R32 badges! or this might happen (rich! @ TSS)

DANG!
MAN.. I feel for you!
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif for the punks that did it!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts

Dude! that is totally f00ked!!
What kind of lamerz would steal the badges off a car?

Same thing happened to my friend's Acura RSX. Little punks ripped the word ACURA off the back, damaged the paint. What a bunch of little arseholes!!!

I hope that they get herpes from some dirty ho as some kind of Karmic revenge. Only total loosers do that kind of shizzy

Modified by sdpauly at 8:35 AM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
942 Posts

Yeah this is always a risk depending on where the car is left parked. A cover with a lock and cable can help keep people from nonchalantly prying the emblem off your car, but if your car is located in a low visibility area you just never know. Besides a car cover that gets wind-whipped tends to scuff the heck out of your paint across the fender lines. Sometimes being too protective about your car can work against you.
You are taking it much calmer than most would, but like others that see that pic, we feel your pain!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Re: Protect your .:R32 badges! or this might happen (sdpauly)

I agree .... my sympathies
Envisioning..... those idiots running with your badges in their teeth, tripping, and falling on their faces. Too bad they didn't choke on their stupidity. "Just when you thought you were out .... they pull you back in!!"

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

theft deterrent - another good reason to debadge that i hadn't considered before http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
f-ing sucks they had to screw up your paint, surprised the little-badge stealers didn't have dental floss or something to make the job easier.
badges are cheap to replace, vwparts.com has them right on their homepage - $20.56 for the front and $16.53 for the rear. vwparts.com shows the part #s as:
front:
#1J6853679DPWV
rear:
#1J0853675Q739
if you can find these at drewparts.com, you can enter "clubb5" into the discount code box for a 20% discount.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts

I think you would have to try to mangle the paint that badly while taking badges off. You know it's just some punk kids who have zero respect for anything or anyone. Very disturbing.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Re: Protect your .:R32 badges! or this might happen (DiscoStu)

Let's hope this doesn't become another "Type R" phenomenon, where every Honda has to have the badge, regardless whether it's worthy to carry it. Karma police, you're on.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

One more for the pain, of course I could not fall asleep last night until I cleaned up the mess. Luckly enough the front end is a-ok.

Guys don't get me wrong, I'm upset. I'm just thankful the damage is not more. ~$500 in damages for a 16.53 badge, ugh. The .:R badge will end up like the ///M3 badge, so just keep an eye on them.

·
Registered
517 Posts

This sucks.....hate people that do not respect other peoples property. This is a big part of the reason that I debadged both my dubs. Someone experienced with an airbrush should be able to fix the chipped paint. without you painting the entire hatch. Good luck.

·
Registered
12,763 Posts

WTF!! It's just a stupid R, why would anyone want it?

http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif to punks who steal other people's stuff.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Protect your .:R32 badges! or this might happen (U n i o n 0015)

Dealership had one touch-up paint bottle left... picked it up and will apply later today. The emotional scars are still left

·
Registered
320 Posts

I hope whoever did that gets a strange jungle disease that melts off their hands...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: Protect your .:R32 badges! or this might happen (benfifteen)

BELIEVE ME, dude. The pain is felt. My R was wrecked into as it was parked. Hit & run. I found it in the rigor mortis position. ANYWAY, a couple of punks ripped off your R, so don't let it bother you. They will get theirs someday. Continue to be happy that you have an R, and that you aren't one of the morons who will try to tack your "R" onto their Honda. Am I bitter? Maybe.
I was thinking about de-badging my car when I get it back again. Just get some $8 touch-up paint from your dealer. Do it right, and the fact will never bother you again. I was going to use some 3M Weather Strip Adhesive to put the "Golf" badge where the ".:R32" badge was. I think I still might do that.
Shake it off, man. You're tough, and your car is still an R!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts

Ouch, sorry to hear. If I were an R32 owner I would be debadging my car right now...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: Protect your .:R32 badges! or this might happen (SoFlaJetta)

When I had my MK3, someone tried to pry off my NOS badge. They totally dented up & scraped the area below the tail lamp (where the badge was)...and they were not even able to get the badge off.
I think this R badge stealing this is a good reason to justify debadging the car. Or just hang a few new R badges (in the packaging) off the rear wiper anytime you leave the car.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Re: Protect your .:R32 badges! or this might happen (03rabbitgti)

I wish just once someone would get caught in the act doing this crap! I remember when I got my VR6 back in 98 I took off the badges just so some jerk wouldn't steal them and mess up my paint. It's so sad that people steel this stuff because they can't afford the real thing

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Re: Protect your .:R32 badges! or this might happen (SCVR6)

can someone post the Safe way to debadge the R32?
i have Blue as well, and have been putting it off,,, until now
i'm removing the front and back, so any suggestions would be great
THANX

·
Banned
4,542 Posts
Re: Protect your .:R32 badges! or this might happen (BlackMagicR32)

Quote, originally posted by BlackMagicR32 »
When I had my MK3, someone tried to pry off my NOS badge.

HaHaHa! Serves you right!
That's pretty Ricey if ya ask me! HeeHee!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts