VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
321 - 340 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
90 VW Corrado, 96 BMW 318ti, 03 VW GTI 20th, 21 Jeep Gladiator, 21 Jeep Wrangler
7,851 Posts
Very nice! It just seems weird to have wood on the interior of a Corrado. Any other pics of the rear seats and the hatch area? I'm curious how they finished those areas off. :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I'm quite the VW n00b, (hopefully buying my first vw, a corrado! this week) but these are absolutely amazing and I just read over this whole thread and have to say congrats on bringing them over and im glad you had the patience instead of just dropping them! :D good job man

·
Registered
719 Posts
Well hearing this from multiple sources zero9nine will take good care of it!

glad to hear it. enjoy them to (y)
will see the coverage soon i guess! :)

and those who complained about my comment's
i'm free to say what i think if YOU dont like it well tough luck for yhall

i was bombarded here so god awefully, Vwvortex itself kinda ruined it for my to keep being that overall nice guy i once was :thumbup:

i say what i want
i do what i want
and i build how i want!

cant take i wel sorry for you then

Zero9nine have good time with them magnums will see the coverages soon :)
no hard feelings to you or anything, just kinda sucked to see them both go.
rather saw one go to wolfsburg thats all ;)
:thumbup: keep it up!

·
Registered
11,744 Posts
Wood grain trim makes perfect sense for an estate car in Europe.

That said... still waiting to see pics of the interior *that is different from ours* - namely, the back seats, and the rear hatch & stowage area. :thumbup:

Looking great so far!!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
congrats on this being actually real... im not going to lie, i thought this thread and the original thread starter were full of ****!! i remember when this thread was started.... awesome cars... SUPER excited to see one, especially if they are in CT

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
the paint mostly is what I'm referring to.. . at least one was covered in scratches and they were poorly repaired with globs of touch up paint. I recall a long what looked like a key scratch down the whole side of one that had touch up all sloppily applied to it from end to end... . interior was a little shoddy as well.. . maybe I'm just nitpicking they are nice cars.. . don't get me wrong. I guess I was just expecting them to be mint examples.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
the paint mostly is what I'm referring to.. . at least one was covered in scratches and they were poorly repaired with globs of touch up paint. I recall a long what looked like a key scratch down the whole side of one that had touch up all sloppily applied to it from end to end... . interior was a little shoddy as well.. . maybe I'm just nitpicking they are nice cars.. . don't get me wrong. I guess I was just expecting them to be mint examples.
They've been sitting around or being moved from place to place in storage for 20+ years without upkeep or restoration and very little driving. Scratches happen, especially if you're moving stuff in and out of a storage facility around these cars. I'm under the impression that the owner will be restoring them.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
my mk3 jetta has been sitting around and being driven from place to place for about the same amount of time all over NYC and it's cleaner than that.. . I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that... I was just saying I was expecting them to be mint that's all.. . and a car like that I would have repaired better or not at all until the time was right.. . I get that the owner wants to show them off and I'm glad he does.. they're def nice to see and all that... I was just stating an observation.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
my mk3 jetta has been sitting around and being driven from place to place for about the same amount of time all over NYC and it's cleaner than that.. . I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that... I was just saying I was expecting them to be mint that's all.. . and a car like that I would have repaired better or not at all until the time was right.. . I get that the owner wants to show them off and I'm glad he does.. they're def nice to see and all that... I was just stating an observation.
You probably wash it/detail it on the regular, or at least a couple times a year. And I didn't mean driving from place to place, I meant being moved from place to place on trucks, in containers with other items, etc. Sometimes that kind of thing can cause more wear and tear than being driven under its own power. I'm just stating my thoughts/observations here as well.

321 - 340 of 376 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.