VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
psipassat CW 4 door R Build Meisterschaft

I will start out like everyone else introducing myself, I am Jason, I have been driving Vdubs since 1999, never put up a build thread, thought it might be good to put everything in one place. I started with a "99 Passat with KO4, Evoms intake, FM intercooler, Evoms GIAC software, and a 75 Shot of Nitrous. I then went to a G35 coupe, then an MKV GTI, an old Mini Cooper that I still have, and finally to Golf R. I bought it in February 2012, and yes it has taken this long to put a build thread together. seeing Johnny's, Dutch's, R time, and the bunch of other great builds, I feel like mine is nothing much, but I like it so far.

Car:

2012 Golf R w/Nav Candy White 4 door

Why I bought it:

-I am a sales rep in the Midwest, and cover 9 states, all of which have snow.
-Love turbo VWs, and now I don't have to upgrade to a KO4 for more $$$$$
-It's subdued, yet a blast to drive, like the GTI.
-I have all the luxuries of a $45,000 Audi A4, and more room.
-Usually just auto-x my mini, but might be fun to take the R sometimes
-I love Volkswagons!!!

This was my G35 coupe, it had Ksports coils on it the same as my R.

The GTI just had Evoms Intake, flash, and diverter nothing really crazy, but I loved it!

My Mini

Here is when I got it and installed my front plate to avoid tickets at O'hare airport.

With my MKV

My First Mod so I could take the little one around in style.

My second Mod, Ksport coilovers, easy install, great ride, lots of adjustments!!!

Sitting pretty nice, not where it will be for winter!!

Yakima installed, have both road setup, and King Cobras for my downhill set up.

EVOMS intake from my MKV, EVOMS sent me the new elbow for the R everything else was reused.:thumbup:

More to come I think, may do wheels, downpipe, maybe exhaust, thinkgs may move a little quicker here, but we will see. Not really into the OEM plus scene, especially the black head lights. I have a price list from Germany where my company is, and actually the Black and Chrome cost more than the all black, crazy!! LED Tails though, I would like, $650 seems a bit much, I think I can find other things I want for that. :cool:

More pics to come!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that mini :thumbup:
Thanks, its only 92HP, but still fun. It is another project one day, for now I just drive it around when the R is so clean I don't want to drive it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good! This should be a good one. :p
I hope, been a while since i have done some modifications. Having a wife, and two kids under 2 does not allow for too much work in the garage. I am lucky if I wax my wifes car and mine every two weeks.:(

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thinking about HPA tune, my car will be getting some special treatment starting Wednesday and I don't get it back for 4 weeks! Stay tuned.....

·
Registered
740 Posts
That Specialized with those wheels looks familiar. I'd like to think if you raced, you race for Enzo's team here in IL

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I raced mountain bikes, road bike I use for triathlon just olympic and halfs, no full iron man's, might actually start road racing next year, I am luck if I do 200 miles a week.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just took a road trip for some sales call and racked up 1286 miles in two days. I filled up 3 times and averaged by my calculations, not the MDI, 28.2, mostly running at 74 MPH. The ride on the Ksport coils was great! I have them set to the stiffest setting, and they are still pretty compliant.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Car is gone for 4 weeks :laugh:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dropped off the R at GT Haus, they are using my car to design a new Golf R Turbo back exhaust by Meisterschaft, I will keep updates here. I am sponsored by them, hoping to see lots of changes soon. :wave:

I am going to have tuning done by HPA. ;):thumbup:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Next week should have the specs for the exhaust to send to HPA so I can get the tune going, 3rd day without the car and miss it a little.:heart:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
totally agree...
Thanks, been driving it while the R is at GT Haus, yesterday the throttle cable broke, hope it come tomorrow. Gas mileage has been amazing, put in 4.5 gallons on thursday last week, still have half a tank.:thumbup:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks, been driving it while the R is at GT Haus, yesterday the throttle cable broke, hope it come tomorrow. Gas mileage has been amazing, put in 4.5 gallons on thursday last week, still have half a tank.:thumbup:
Definitely a car you don't see everyday, especially in that condition. Something I've always wanted to own...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Mini was one of those EBay purchases that you just hope show up on your door step.

1 - 20 of 250 Posts