VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how big of a spacer could i put on (stock bi-colors) before the tires are hanging out? i just want the flush...
if this is a noob question sorry and thanks!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Re: Pssttt (mathis.)

Would like to see pics of that set up.

·
Registered
A3 & Exige
17,600 Posts
i get a chance to put my 12.5mm and 20mm soon ill post up a few shots. should sit flush with the fenders for now, until i go lower.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Pssttt (mattA3)

Quote, originally posted by mattA3 »
Would like to see pics of that set up.

same... from what i see they all come in sets of 5 and 8? is that so you can put them on incrementally? cuz if i have to spend upwards of $100 to make my wheels poke ill just get wider wheels/tires.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Re: Pssttt (mathis.)

Quote, originally posted by mathis. »

same... from what i see they all come in sets of 5 and 8? is that so you can put them on incrementally? cuz if i have to spend upwards of $100 to make my wheels poke ill just get wider wheels/tires.

I would just go for single spacers - maintain the hubcentric wheel mounting. Remember longer lug nuts. ECS has pairs that include longer lug nuts for decent prices.
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-...acers/

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: Pssttt (JRutter)

I just went for some H&R ones from Achtun!ng and went 5mm front, 25mm rear and the rear's ended up hanging too far out. Settled on 5mm front, 20mm rear and it looks great. I have stock S-line suspension and don't plan to lower too much. Achtun!ng said that going w/ anything larger than 5mm in front will = rub in corners.
Stock Titanium Edition wheels BTW!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Re: Pssttt (TroySico)

Had a set of H&R spacers on last summer on my Titanium wheels. Had 12mm front and 15 in the back. Looked pretty damn flush... No rubbing at all in front. The rear would rub on stock suspension going over big dips in the road. Lowering does not always mean you will run more. With my wheels now I find I rub no more on H&R sport springsthan I did stock, or not much more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts