VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
friggin gypsy magic, just like taking off mkII grills....though it seems no one in the world can cast that high of a spell :laugh:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I've never ordered off the website but it looks like a generic Chinese importing website. Other than what I mentioned i'd just pull them off with a bit of force and replace whatever ones break/dont come out properly. But i've broke trim that way...

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
work them off slow. if you slide the trim (forget if its toward the front or rear of the car), the trim will come off the clips.

any time i go to the local junkyard and see a MK2 or a MK3 with the clips, i always pull them. its usually cheaper than going to the dealership when you can get a handful for a buck or 2.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The last two clips on the trim remove straight towards the rear, the next two go down and to the rear. The front one goes forward.

piece in this picture is broken

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The last two clips on the trim remove straight towards the rear, the next two go down and to the rear. The front one goes forward.

this is where i have trouble the most..going down and to the rear..seems it always snags...

and i know this isnt irrelevant to my thread..but whats the best stuff for dying the trim pieces back to black instead of faded out black.. kiwi dye??... any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
IIRC the popular choices are Kiwi black leather dye, Krylon Fusion, Forever black, and Duplicolour trim paint. You'll get a slew of people telling you to use one or the other.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IIRC the popular choices are Kiwi black leather dye, Krylon Fusion, Forever black, and Duplicolour trim paint. You'll get a slew of people telling you to use one or the other.
thanks a ton! :)

I have seen someone on here with kiwi dye..and it looks great..just searching to find some more..

originally I was just gonna use textured black spraypaint..until some common sense got into me :laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.