VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: Pulled out my 2002 dbl-DIN CD, pics & wiring diagram (UKAUSSI)

I am looking into switching out my 02 double din CD also and I was wondering what you were going to replace it with? Do you think that it is possible that a single din can easily go back in there with the cubby hole tray? or would it be easier to put in a Double Din, any special way of wiring a new Head Unit for the Monsoon sound system?
Your info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: Pulled out my 2002 dbl-DIN CD, pics & wiring diagram (SantaCruz SL)

And which wire is the "K-wire" that the dealer is fussing about not changing the factory radio because of their VAG tool.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: Pulled out my 2002 dbl-DIN CD, pics & wiring diagram (UKAUSSI)

UKAUSSI,
I HAVE A QUESTION THAT I HOPE THAT YOU CAN ANSWER. IF I WANTED TO WIRE UP A STEREO JACK (FOR A MP3 PLAYER) TO THE CD CHANGER CONNECTION. I SEE WHERE IN THE WIRING DIAGRAM THAT IT SHOWS LEFT AND RIGHT INPUTS, BUT WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ACTIVATE THE CD CHANGER FUNCTION? DO I HAVE TO JUMP A WIRE TO MAKE IT ACTIVE? TO MAKE THE RADIO THINK THAT THERE IS A CD CHANGER CONNECTED? HOW WOULD I WIRE SOMETHING LIKE THAT?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: Pulled out my 2002 dbl-DIN CD, pics & wiring diagram (newbiewithGTI2002)

That is exactly what I was going to put in place of the factory Monsoon Double din.. the A09 in-dash cd changer and the CD51.
1) What did you do with the CAN CAN wires that are used for the VAG signals??
2) Did you have any problems fitting both the CD51 and A09 on top of each other? Did both trim rings from both units fit or did you have to modify them?
3) How did the slip on sleeves hold onto the plastic, are they secure enough to hold both din units?
thanks for the info in advance....

"As I already posted before somewhere else, you'll see that the wiring is completely different from the other Monsoons. The pin spacing in these new plugs is different... So you won't be able to hook up the plugs from the Blau or the Metra harness either. So there is no direct fit as we stand, meaning you'll have to cut/splice wires.
UKAUSSI, could you also shoot the antenna plug ? For the record, Bosch has recently introduced (2 weeks ago in Canada) a converter to make the new plug fit the old-style plug.
You'll also see that there are no wires for "dimmer" and "ignition". Those are handled by the CAN & CAN + wires... So the radio receives data now, not signals on wires... The negative wire speakers are also all black, except for one. The left front wires are inverted (yellow is negative, black positive). My car was also like that.
I was able to replace the double din by a CD51 Heidelberg and a A09 indash cd changer, so I don't think you'll have problems fitin g a single din & tray."

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: Pulled out my 2002 dbl-DIN CD, pics & wiring diagram (newbiewithGTI2002)

newbiewithGTI2002
Can you please post pictures of your installation of the CD51 and A09 CD changer in the dash?
thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: Pulled out my 2002 dbl-DIN CD, pics & wiring diagram (DGMVW)

FM transmitter do not give out a goo freq response, no good highs, no good low sound. The stat for the SF121 is Audio Response:  50Hz-15KHz (+/- 3 dB). If I hard wire the connection, I get 20 to 20, CD Quality, that is what I am looking for. And on top of the that, the stock 2002 Monsoon Fm Tuner sounds muddy.
Does anyone know how to wire this up?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: Pulled out my 2002 dbl-DIN CD, pics & wiring diagram (MK4AVANT)

Nope, nobody has an adapter yet for the 02 DD radio. I have been searching everywhere, we are just going to have to wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.