VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
So, it may be possible to replace the double DIN unit with the old style single DIN unit? I pick up my '02 Jetta next week after waiting since August. I had purchased the VW indash Changer which works with the old style single DIN units. The dealer acted like it couldn't be done (replacing the new unit with old + changer), or that if it could it would cost a lot of money because wiring harnesses were different or something. I doubt that they have even looked at it or tried to change anything out, of course. But, doggonit, I wanted this in dash changer, its been sitting around for the past two months waiting for my car! Since I haven't picked up my car yet, I haven't had anyone take a look. Any more thoughts anyone?
TIA,
Vicki

·
Registered
143 Posts
Re: Pulled out my 2002 dbl-DIN CD, pics & wiring diagram (UKAUSSI)

Yeah, I'll see what I can do as far a pic after I take delivery of my car. I got a call today, and it *may* be ready to go tomorrow, they just needed to install the spoiler I think.
Thanks,
Vicki

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.