VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Re: Pulled out my 2002 dbl-DIN CD, pics & wiring diagram (vw2.0gti)

quote:[HR][/HR]UKAUSSI,
I HAVE A QUESTION THAT I HOPE THAT YOU CAN ANSWER. IF I WANTED TO WIRE UP A STEREO JACK (FOR A MP3 PLAYER) TO THE CD CHANGER CONNECTION. I SEE WHERE IN THE WIRING DIAGRAM THAT IT SHOWS LEFT AND RIGHT INPUTS, BUT WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ACTIVATE THE CD CHANGER FUNCTION? DO I HAVE TO JUMP A WIRE TO MAKE IT ACTIVE? TO MAKE THE RADIO THINK THAT THERE IS A CD CHANGER CONNECTED? HOW WOULD I WIRE SOMETHING LIKE THAT?
[HR][/HR]​
I think that you would be much better off getting a radio transmitter. There is one that is really small. It is called SoundFeeder SF-121 FM transmitter. It is under $20 and should work great with an ipod (sorry had to plug apple there!) This is the easiest and most cost effective method. I think that it may be possible to share an mp3 player on road trips with multiple cars too! I am not sure how far the transmitter will send a signal. Anyway this is what I will do eventually. It is a lot cheaper than hard wiring and that way you can use more than an mp3 player. You could hook up a laptop and watch dvd's, movies, play games etc... Hope that this helps. Oh and you can get this thing from
http://www.smalldog.com Do a search for sf-121 It will pop up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.