VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Re: Pulled out my 2002 dbl-DIN CD, pics & wiring diagram (UKAUSSI)

UK Aussie:
Thanks very much for taking the pictures and posting them.
I also have a 2002 car, with the same radio as you have. I am in the process of installing my GSM phone in the car, and need to determine if the radio will support the following two functions:
1) Muting of the radio when the phone rings (normally accomplished by grounding out a pin on the radio with a signal from the phone).
2) Input of the sound from the telephone (received signal) to one or more of the speakers in the car.
I earlier made a post to the Car Audio forum, asking about this, and got some very helpful advice from SSheikh, our resident electronics expert, and also EngineerGuy, who works in the mobile phone industry. But, neither of these folks have the new radio.
Have you seen anything on your ("our") radio that looks like it would support these functions? Perhaps best to post your reply on the original thread, which is at this link: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?&id=148463&postid=1202799#1202799
Best Regards, Michael

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Re: Pulled out my 2002 dbl-DIN CD, pics & wiring diagram (vwgtirob)

Rob:
Thanks for posting that information about the CAN and K wire, that is new for me, and very timely, because I am now in the process of trying to hook up my cell phone so it works through this new Double DIN radio.
Could you clarify one thing for me, please? Did the 'CAN' wire replace the 'K' wire? If so, about when was the production changeover? I have a 2002 Golf TDI that was manufactured in Brazil in August of 2001. Is there a way I can easily determine if it uses the 'CAN' wire or the 'K' wire?
Lastly, do you know how far down (into minor systems) the CAN / K wires have influence? For example, would the rainsensor mirror involve one of these two wires, because it needs to know the transmission selector position?
Michael

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Re: Pulled out my 2002 dbl-DIN CD, pics & wiring diagram (vwgtirob)

UKAussie and VW GTI Rob:
Thanks a lot for your helpful information, it is greatly appreciated. I'm going to go up to the dealer today and see if he has any tech bulletins explaining the new radio wiring. I'll post anything I can find.
Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.