VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, on the way down to maryland for the 3rd time to pick up my 96 windsor blue gti, i got pulled over on the pa turnpike. now, pa state troopers are usually asswipes, and you hear a lot of complaints about cops on here, but this cop was really cool. I was cruising at 85mph in my lincoln (yes, lincoln) and see the cop pull out from 2 sitting big rigs on the side of the road. proceeds to pull me over and went through the whole "license, registration, insurance" bit and went back to his cruiser. 20mph over the speed limit is usually a heafty speeding fine along with 2 pts. the trooper comes back with the infamous clipboard and gave me a citation for disobeying some turnpike rule instead of a speeding ticket. no points, no nothing....just a slap on the wrist and a $100 fine to pay (which is nothing compared to a $175 speeding ticket and an increase on insurance).
Case in point, not all cops are asses and he was the most polite cop i've ever been pulled by.

Modified by Zaofan15601 at 4:12 PM 8-18-2006

· Registered
10,050 Posts
Re: pulled over again (Moe Sizlack)

Quote, originally posted by Moe Sizlack »
treat people like you want to be treated.
it pays off well.

Absolutely! I always try to be very respectfull with the cops. 9 times out of 10 it catches them off guard because they're so used to being treated like isht. I always make sure to have my DL, insurance and registration card out and ready, car off, radio off and hands on the wheel. You treat them with respect and they'll do the same for you. Last ticket, I was clocked at 110 in a 55, cop let me go with a 98 in a 55 (just low enough for me to not have to go to jail or loose my DL. Then he didn't show up to the court date so I walked free and clear.
Always be respectful of the dude with the gun. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,324 Posts
Re: pulled over again (elicitvr6)

x3 word to that.
i went to court today to face the music on my 5 tickets. i was originally given driving on a suspended license (1 year suspended), running a stop sign (4 pts), no insurance ($350), no registration ($25), wrong tags ($25). all hefty fines and a tow, but in court the cop changed the license to driving w/o license ($25 and no suspension), running sign to disobey traffic signal ($25 and no pts) and dropped the insurance ticket cuz i had proof. i went from 4 pts, 1 year suspended, and $800 to 0 pts, 0 suspension, and $350. and the cop told me it was beacuse i was very respectful, and i told him as soon as he got to the window that i had nothing. honesty and respect wins

· Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
51,471 Posts
Re: pulled over again (elicitvr6)

Quote, originally posted by elicitvr6 »
I always make sure to have my DL, insurance and registration card out and ready,

You really shouldn't be reaching into your pockets or glovebox before a cop approaches your car...that just makes them nervous.

· Registered
10,050 Posts
Re: (navstarr)

Quote, originally posted by Hostile »
You really shouldn't be reaching into your pockets or glovebox before a cop approaches your car...that just makes them nervous.

Oh, I know. I keep that stuff in my wallet and I always have my wallet out when I'm driving so I can get to it all easily enough.
Quote, originally posted by navstarr »
lol guaranteed you guys are all white

Yup. but color has nothing to do with it. I had some really bad experiences with the cops when I was younger and a few really close calls because I was actin the fool. As you get older though, you get a bit smarter and a bit more respectful. Plus, I don't like having guns pointed at me, those things are dangerous, especially when their being held by some nervous, caffinated, rookie. Better to be safe then sorry.

· Registered
191 Posts
Re: pulled over again (Zaofan15601)

In Cali failure to yield to municiple sign tickets are only $50... well atleast the last time I received one... Not all cops are arses... But I have learned that a rookie in a town with no action will try to create it...

· Registered
17,822 Posts
Re: (TyRuben v2.0)

Quote, originally posted by TyRuben v2.0 »
i got pulled over doing 104 in a 70. got on the shoulder and my car was still running, lol. i had had the windows down and the music blasting so i couldn't even tell.
-brad

i dont think 2.0s can do 104
ya ive had 2 speeding tickets and 1 possession charge
speedings where 92 in a 70 and i did community service for it
other was a 52 in a 35 and i got a 130 dollar ticket for that
the possesion was alchohol

· Registered
339 Posts
Re: pulled over again (trickedVR6)

lol... a few years ago I was doing 50 in a 25, and saw a cop as I blew past him in my Passat. I decided to make things interesting and quickly turned down a side road into a development. After zig zagging through it, I got out to another road that went out into the boondocks (where I was headed) and turned onto it. This was 5 minutes after I saw the cop. I went maybe a mile down the road, and up ahead I saw the cop turning to go back to where he was sitting. Well, needless to say, he passed me, hit the e-brake, and came after me. He was actually laughing, since it was dumb luck he found me again. He dropped it from 25 over to 5 over, and seemed appreciative of bringing a little excitement into his day. Rock.

· Registered
20,713 Posts
Re: pulled over again (Hostile)

sounds like that time i got stopped by a NJ statie , the dude pulled me over for failure to maintain lane,then i explained i was avoiding this rather large pot hole , he looked at the car and said i guess ya got to huh?
He says heres a warning slip , i dont wanna give ya a ticket for it no point in giving you a ticket thats worth two points just cause you were avoiding a hole in the ground. After that he told me he used to have a corrado , and was getting a mk5 , told me the car was cool and to have a safe trip home.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.