VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a bunch of pulleys sitting around for my 8V GTI engine. Some are from an 8V with A/C and some without. Unfortunately no combination of what I have lines up right. Can someone point me at the part numbers for a complete set of NON-A/C pulleys. I think I'll also need a different alternator because I have an A/C alternator.
If anyone has these parts for sale, I'm game, too.
-Andy

·
Banned
5,705 Posts
Just need like a 1/4 inch spacer behind the pulley. That is if you move the alt up to where the compressor was before. My pulley is off i have the spacer just haven't had the time to put it in and line it all back up. So far i haven't blew a belt but the Golf is DOA at the moment till i can get a fuel pump

·
Registered
516 Posts
Re: Pulley alignment problems... (nweurosport)

I took the AC out of my car last year and I had to replace the water pump pulley and the crank pulley...I did not have to change the Alternator pulley..

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Re: Pulley alignment problems... (Nash50)

For a stock look, you need a new inner crank pulley from a non A/C. Turn the water pump pulley around (it is the same pulley) and keep your P/S pulley as well as your outer crank. You will need that aluminum bracket to replace your steel one though as well as the hardware for it. New alternator belt.

·
Registered
2013 GTI DSG Stage 2
1,017 Posts
Re: (Pred)

Quote, originally posted by Pred »
Just need like a 1/4 inch spacer behind the pulley. That is if you move the alt up to where the compressor was before.

yup, thats what i did. works pretty good when you move the alt to the compressor spot, looks good too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts