VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello boyz n girlz.

Im looking for a pulley set, as unorthodox do not like to answer my emails Im doing some more research.
Ive seen a company that has some similare like unorthodox have, the company called something like eurosport.... but their website did not work.
So people, tell me which pulleyset is the best investment and you could also tell where I can get a good lightened flywheel.
Thanx!
Reg // Norbert

·
Banned
6,423 Posts
Re: Pulley set for VR6? (-Norbert-)

Quote, originally posted by -Norbert- »
gtimagic: What are the NSPD , LW, UD stand for, Im not american

NSPD = Neuspeed brand
LW = Light Weight
UD= Under Drive
sorry, just being lazy.
NSPD
has 3 pullies. they are the same specs as UR (Unorthadox Racing), but much less $

Modified by gtimagic at 4:11 PM 4-26-2006

·
Banned
12,154 Posts

Eurosport's kit is the crank pulley only. The NEUSPEED and Unorthodox kits are crank, power steering, and alternator pulley sets.
NEUSPEED 3-pc kits: $189.95 with free shipping (black)
Unorthodox 3-pc kits: $299.95 with free shipping (polished)
Absolutely no difference between them. Both in stock with same day shipping.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

I would go with either neuspeed or unorthodox. I had the eurosport underdrive pulley on my car
for about 15000 miles and it spun two berrings. the motor only had 30,000 miles, I belive the pully is to blame,and it didnt make much of a diffrence either.

·
Banned
12,154 Posts

Realy free shipping to Sweden, I buy one right away!

Shipping to Sweden wouldn't be free, but when shipping with USPS, considering how light the pulley kits are, it shouldn't be a whole lot.
Feel free to IM me if you're genuinely interested in a kit.

·
Banned
12,154 Posts

Check this pulley kit, looks like unorthodox but Im not sure, its light red.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...S%3A1

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are UR pulleys.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
Re: Pulley set for VR6? (M.J.M.)

I will put in my $0.02 and say there are better ways to get more power than with pulleys. Pulleys that are only lighter weight are essentially useless, as the rotational mass of the pulleys does not represent much drag on the system. Some mathematician did the math and figured out that with just light weight pulleys you will gain .3 hp at the crank. Hardly worthwhile. The underdrive pulleys may give you a horse or two, but then all your accessories are not providing the service they were designed to.
Your call.
Paul

·
Registered
27,736 Posts
Re: Pulley set for VR6? (a_riot)

Quote, originally posted by a_riot »
I will put in my $0.02 and say there are better ways to get more power than with pulleys. Pulleys that are only lighter weight are essentially useless, as the rotational mass of the pulleys does not represent much drag on the system. Some mathematician did the math and figured out that with just light weight pulleys you will gain .3 hp at the crank. Hardly worthwhile. The underdrive pulleys may give you a horse or two, but then all your accessories are not providing the service they were designed to.
Your call.
Paul

Has been debated to death in the 12 valve forum. If you get light weight pulleys, instead of UD ones, you can get more response, and atleast the feel of better in gear acceleration.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.