VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you equate how a pulley makes psi on a blower ? I know 2.5" pulleys makes 15psi from a vortech blower. So, how does that work out ?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Re: Pulleys and PSI with Vortech Blowers, just trying to trying to fig ... (Sleepy007)

Quote, originally posted by Sleepy007 »
I know 2.5" pulleys makes 15psi from a vortech blower.

WRONG!!! That depends which blower you are talking about. If it is a V1/V2 then yes...if it's a V9 then absolutley not...

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Pulleys and PSI with Vortech Blowers, just trying to trying to fig ... (bollo)

Quote, originally posted by bollo »
WRONG!!! That depends which blower you are talking about. If it is a V1/V2 then yes...if it's a V9 then absolutley not...

Ummm.... say i use a V2 blower. How does the ratio work out then ?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Re: Pulleys and PSI with Vortech Blowers, just trying to trying to fig ... (bollo)

Quote, originally posted by bollo »

Yeah mister smarty pants, whats the equation to figure it out then?

·
Administrator
87,828 Posts
Re: Pulleys and PSI with Vortech Blowers, just trying to trying to fig ... (MunKyBoy)

Yea,
For whatever reason the V9 blower takes a much smaller pulley to make the same boost then with a v1/v2...
Small decreases in pulley size for a v1/v2 would net larger increases.
I just had a smaller pulley made for my v9...
Went from 3.25 (6lb) to 3.14 and only got only 1 more lb (7psi).
There is an equation that someone gave me (leebro???) that is pretty accurate but only on those other chargers...
Later,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts