VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Most likely tomorrow I'm going to buy an engine hoist and all so I can finally get my motor outta the car. Just wondering what I should look out for and the best way of taking it out (i.e. what should be drained/cut/uplugged).
TIA

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Re: Pullin' the 8v (Hexx)

lol mine came out the top, all I did was remove the grill and core support and i popped right out, most likely it will be easier with the tranny still connected and make sure you have the special tool to remove the axles from the bell housing I would take a just in case before picture to maybe see were you might forget somthing at.. good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

What kind of car do you have? I'd get a roll of masking tape, a big box of baggies and a sharpie. take the extra time to label everything as you unhook it. Put the bolts in bags. It will make things go fast putting things back together.

·
Banned
3,582 Posts
Re: Pullin' the 8v (jazzbass240)

Quote, originally posted by jazzbass240 »
Torch and a BFH.
'nuff said.

not that I've come across the term before but I'm guessing a BFH is a big ******* hammer, right?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts

wow you own a dub and have never heard of a bfh before ? damn I always use a bfh on my car ( maybe thats why it runs like CRAP )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts