VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be swapping plugs and coils soon on a 2012 V6 Tuareg and I know it can be a but tricky so I tried to do some research and found limited info but this was helpful:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
When you get coil off use compressed air to clean out area around plug before you remove spark plug.

I have a tool to get wire harness off coil pack, those connectors can be tricky.

I think torque spec for plugs is 20 ft pounds, check to make sure because it does not take a lot

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
When you get coil off use compressed air to clean out area around plug before you remove spark plug.

I have a tool to get wire harness off coil pack, those connectors can be tricky.

I think torque spec for plugs is 20 ft pounds, check to make sure because it does not take a lot
Yes, there were Leafs and debris all around the coil pack area. I used a vacuum to get most of it out of the way. The Plugs on this were easier this time around than the GLI (I broke all but one of the clips) once you figure out the trick. As for tightening the plugs, I wrenched it down until it was hand tight (spinning the wrench nozzle by hand) then I gave the handle little less than a quarter turn ( as shown in an ECS video about replacing plugs).

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome. If I had known that existed, I probably would have bought it. Next time around (100k miles) i will more than likely do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts