VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i did with a lot of sweat and tears punch threw the middle of the cat, gutted. I did take out the sensor and pluged the hole, its been about 12 hours and about 1 hour of run time, how long will it take for the light to shut off, is this something I will have to get turned off, I left my gas cap off and it threw the light, it took about 2 days for it to shut off???????

·
Registered
167 Posts
Re: punched cat and ce light!!! (vr6hippy)

what kind of hp or torque improment's can you exspect? Does it drive different?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: punched cat and ce light!!! (gti sdd)

nothing much maybe a little on top end at high speed, i wouldnt do it again it really stinks all to hell, a heavy exhaust smell not worth it unless you run racing fuel or leaded fuel that is http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
167 Posts

Hey I hope you wore some PPE (personal protection equipment). The material in the cat will kill you!!. Did you were a dust mask at least. If you didn't you'll be ok, just don't ever not wash your hands after do that.

I know I am an enviromental health and safety engineer. you'll be ok,
have you had kids yet, hold off for a while if not. your little dudes could be swinging sideways

·
Registered
41,822 Posts

It may not ever shut off.
OBD2 computers use two O2 sensors to determine catalyst function. The computer is doing exactly what it's supposed to do in that situation.
There are different solutions to this... on some cars you can put a resistor in-line with the second O2 sensor to trick it into thinking the cat is working. My suggestion is to get a new cat http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.