VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be buying one in the next week or so, and I need to make my decision pretty quickly..
AWE, APR Sport, GHL and Milltek are the ones I'm interested in mainly since they're the loudest ones and have the best quality.
Any thoughts?
My shop recommended magnaflow for loudness...I haven't seen/heard much about their system tho.
My only criteria is loudness...
If I go with AWE, I'd get the metal cat and if I went with Milltek, I'd get the non-resonated version.
Feedback on this is greatly appreciated..
Thanks a lot http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by 07_BM_GTI at 7:16 AM 11-1-2006

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that could be an option...but I heard that you get a lot of power loss doing a 3 inch set up all the way back.
I'd like to stay with a company-made exhaust and avoid doing custom even if it would be cheaper..

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Re: (07_BM_GTI)

just get the APR "sport" loud enough, most amazing looking TBE, all polished, amazing welds, top notch customer service, it's so loud that i love getting in the car for cold starts in the morning, the thing roars, you can hear me so far away and the turbo howls when at WOT

and besides Keith is a champ

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
loud cars get bricks thru their windows around by me (i don't do it btw, but it is funny to see it) fwiw, it just pisses people off needlessly

Modified by nickg at 11:13 AM 11-1-2006

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Re: (nickg)

well it's loud if you want it to be, you learn to play with the throttle to quiet it down, when i get into residential at night, leave it in 3rd and it's hardly noticeable. There is a kid that i met that lives the equivalent of 2 blocks from my house, saturday morning i just punched it for 2 seconds shifting into 3rd and he saw me later that night and he's like man i heard your car this morning, woke me up, i'm like sorry, he's like no man, sounding f'n sweet

my camera is not working, i'll try to borrow a friend's camera this weekend and make a video. where do i upload it?

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
yea..we have the local honda civic idiot whio has a "tuned" exhaust...rattles my windows. So I make sure to warm my Ducati up on open pipes by his house sometimes very early in the morning

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
I have the AWE TBE and think it souns great. Nice low rumble. I love going under bridges and hearing the reverb. I think AWE has sound clips up on their sight. Good luck. I do not think you could go wrong with AWE or APR. You definatly need to consider what chip you are going to do. That will decide your exhaust.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: (goin2fast)

Quote, originally posted by goin2fast »
I have the AWE TBE and think it souns great. Nice low rumble. I love going under bridges and hearing the reverb. I think AWE has sound clips up on their sight. Good luck. I do not think you could go wrong with AWE or APR. You definatly need to consider what chip you are going to do. That will decide your exhaust.

I agree I have the AWE TBE and love it!! The exhaust you mentioned in your first post are all good choices. I recommend going to a local meet or event and listen to as many as you can. videos are ok, but not the same as the real thing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: (2006whitegti)

Quote, originally posted by 2006whitegti »
couldn't agree more... also look at the price of both apr and awe... hugh difference. you could spend that 300 bucks some where else

Also, I know that the APR exhaust looks awesome on display and quality is above par, however, unless you are going to be putting mirrors under the car everytime you are parked, you really can't see the exhaust, especially if you have or are going to lower your car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the replies.
I currently have the Revo stg 1 ECU
As for the price differences, ESE has a special on the AWE tuning full TB for $1290 and APR has the full TB for $1300

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.