VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24184 Posts

·
Banned
4,337 Posts
Re: Purdue University (heysuperman)

Yes, there's 2 of them at least. I used to visit my gf there all the time, but now I'm further away...I'm sure I'll be thru that way sometime this fall...come for a weekend to party and catch a football game or sumthin

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Purdue University (vw fiend)

i drive a galactic blue 1.8T Jetta which there are about 10 thousand of them on campus..but i'm the only one with the blow off sound!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

My brother and sister go there. My brother and I are building a 'project GTi' that should be on the street soon, I hope. Right now he drives a red loud miata with some mods and ssr wheels. It's pretty quick, you've probably seen or heard it before. My sister has a 'Meek-tuned' white cabriolet.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Purdue University (76 Golf GTi)

Sweet, i was hoping to start a local VW group here. So far i've only met one other VW that's on vortex and goes to purdue. I'm pretty happy with the thermal. it isn't ricey loud which was what i was trying to avoid. With the CAI it sounds pretty tough. I have a pretty loud blow off sound now that i have a CAI. Waiting on a downpipe. hoping that'll open her up a lil more and give her a meaner sound to boot.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

there is a black 2001 Wolfsburg here at purdue. he's in Sigma Phi Epsilon. He claims to have the fastest Jetta on campus...so my buddies tell me. I want to take him to IRP and see http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by heysuperman, 5:38 PM 8-31-2002]

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

How do you like the Carbonio? How much did you spend? No chip yet? Our GTi is rough. Wait til you see it. Gutted. No dash nothing. It should be quick. I think it'll weigh about 1700 and have about 130-135 horse. Email me your number and I'll give it to my brother.
Meek

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

i tried to get the APR chip, but when i got there he said that he didn't have my ECu code for my 2003. he said that he'd call me in 3 weeks to update me. it's been 2 weeks, still waiting. love the carbonio, but i got it from them so i'm sure i paid to much. I did get a killer blow off sound though so it was worth it.

[Modified by heysuperman, 5:33 PM 8-31-2002]

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

didn't see your email in your profile. Just email me and i'll send it to you http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by heysuperman, 5:39 PM 8-31-2002]

·
Registered
5,355 Posts

i was hoping someone would want to do a club... i was thinking about it myself. why should those guys with the muscle cars get to use the memorial mall and not us? i'd design a t-shirt too! have a good logn weekend.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Purdue University (vw fiend)

some of us hang out by the burger king on Saturdays. the one in Lafayette on Teal by the old Big Lots. we usually meet there around 11 or so. Not going to be there this weekend though. I usually stay until it's bar hop'in time.

1 - 20 of 24184 Posts