VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
24161 - 24180 of 24184 Posts

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
❤ How do you say “the dog’s bollocks” in German? That’s looking great. Respray that front bumper of throw a Europlate over it, and you’re good to go. I even like those wheels better than when they were on the dear departed sedan. (Parked next to a red pre-facelift B5 earlier today and thought of the ol’ girl.)

Wish I could remember what eBay SS exhaust we got for our Avant—I think it was barely in the $400s, seemed well made, and had just the right bit of sneer/snarl/bark to it. Not much to do to hop up the 30V besides pump up the sound a bit—but fortunately it’s adequate as-is, and I think there are still still superchargers out there if you want to get greedy for hp....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Still having my mystery misfire. I've got a few things to try out this week, but I'm about ready to throw in the towel here.

-throttle body alignment/clean tb
-check maf
-o2 sensors?
-injector cleaning (apparently they get dirty a lot on these)
-check spark plug gap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
You’re in too deep to throw in the towel. If you/your dad aren’t on friendly terms with EP Werks, trailer it if need be down to Allroad Motorsports in Bloomington—Jim there is very well regarded, including for swaps, so if he can chase down swap gremlins, he can track down what’s up with a stock setup.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I agree. A lot of time and money has gone into it. I'd love to pay someone to 1.8t swap but that's not in the funds right now. I'd do it myself but I don't have the space or time. Currently working 55ish hr weeks at the restaurant.

We were talking about taking it somewhere in indy, but we could get it down to Bloomington too.

·
Registered
215 Posts
New MAF no dice. I'm getting a smoke test done on Monday and if I can't figure it out I'll take it somewhere. However with the maf out of the question, I'm leaning towards a vac leak somewhere. Not sure where it would be though, with all of my lines/pcv being new.

·
Registered
215 Posts

Seal was misshapen and torn. Hopefully that's it. There's only one bolt on the air pipe from the factory and I felt like that was poor design. The pipe is wiggly, even when it's torqued to spec.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Former member, long time lurker, coming back for some advice.

Sup y'all! Missing my Boilermakers here in KC, but luckily there's a few of us at Garmin, so it's not all bad.

I can't remember who it was, but there was a guy on here that was a Lawyer, and I just needed to speak to him about something real quick. Anyways, pics for clicks! ( I can't believe this picture is 10 years old now!) (And snow in Texas!)

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
I can't remember who it was, but there was a guy on here that was a Lawyer, and I just needed to speak to him about something real quick.
Man, your name is a blast from the past! The lawyer would be me—but I work for a court now, so I'm not allowed to give legal advice. (Plus if you're in Texas now, their law might be totally different anyway.) If you want to PM me your question, go for it, and I'll try to offer whatever I'm allowed and see if it's enough to be useful.

24161 - 24180 of 24184 Posts