VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so happy with the remodeling some dirt-bag has voluntarily performed on my ignition. Today I climbed in to find the tumblers and housing on the floor and the plastic shroud beneath the steering column broken. Thanks! If it hadn't have been for a dead battery, this thing wouldn't be infront of my apartment right now. Twisted. Oddly, too, the shop I just picked it up from said I needed a new ignition....oh, the humanity.

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
i think he means someone broke into his car...
sucks man, at least they didnt get far!
-j

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Re: Pure Scum (furtrade)

Quote, originally posted by furtrade »
i didn't think so either. it's just a stock 82 (sorry).
oh, crackheads, what will you do next?

He was probably so effed up he thought it was a maybach.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Re: Pure Scum (ABF Jeff)

Not to hijack your thread, but surely with with some of the clever folks on here someone has tried to build there own security system.
It is my opinion that an alarm is worthless these days as they just go off and no one ever pays any attention to them.
I am talking about a way to virtually disable the car so unless the thieves have a tow truck there is no way that they are going to drive off in my car.
I have a triple redundant system that I plan to use on my V8 rabbit project but I can't really y go into details because that would give away all the secrets to my system.
Anyone else want to share theirs.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Re: Pure Scum (vwhammer1)

in all honesty i bought my rabbit so i didn't have to worry about theft or vandalism. so measures i take are I don't leave anything in the car (there isn't even a stereo in it) and I use a club on the wheel. if someone steals it, oh well

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Re: Pure Scum (hellgti)

Quote, originally posted by hellgti »
in all honesty i bought my rabbit so i didn't have to worry about theft or vandalism. so measures i take are I don't leave anything in the car (there isn't even a stereo in it) and I use a club on the wheel. if someone steals it, oh well

Same here, not only do I not have a stereo, I don't keep an insurance card or registration in it (anymore). I don't lock it, or put a club on it.
Someone did "break in" and steal my roll of gorilla tape and a ballpoint pen. Other than that it's been smooth sailing so far.
If someone takes it, I'll get another.
If I had to pick, I'd use a boot on one of the front wheels, like the police put on cars that are parked illegally.
-Fab

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Re: Pure Scum (hellgti)

Quote, originally posted by hellgti »

Same idea, but there is a cut out switch for when i have to have it in a strange town... nice thing about small towns... they all know who the hell you are.

Gti on the other hand, only ever gets parked at my house. if i am going to be away from the car for more than an hour at night i take the diesel.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Re: Pure Scum (Crazyfurdubs4.o)

Quote, originally posted by Crazyfurdubs4.o »

Clubs don't work for ****, you can cut the steering wheel and slide it off.
Hidden kill switches ftw.

thats true. but tha average Vancity crackhead is usualy too strung out or buggin out that realy the only thing to worry about is them shooting up in your car and passing out. it's happened.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Re: Pure Scum (mblicata)

Quote, originally posted by mblicata »
Hmm, can't you just pull the fuel pump relay and have the car pretty much disabled? I know I read somewhere on here before that is what someone did.

could always jumper it.. you should what the honda guys end up doing , there cars just get towed now when someone steals em.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.