VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I was tinkering around today on my only day off, and decided to use the cone filter a buddy gave to me as my filter.I cut at the MAF and attached the cone. I do have a stock air box, and I think it will be put to use. Anyways after I started the car with the filter on it began to rev up to 3k uncontrollably. Why is that? If I do chose to keep the filter on will I have to change my idle air screw? MY main question is why did it rev uncontrollably. Anyways I know it is just better to keep the stock box, and to use a K&N filter, but I guess there is a little dork in me and it looks cool lol. Sorry had too. Anyways your input is much appreciated! TY

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: Put on a Cone air filter just curious what the car would do??? (SlammedGolf)

not sure but i measured ambient temps in engine bay at 128F the other day in my g60, outside was 86F, of ocurse, you can guess where my CAI goes

dont suck up hot air when ya do it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: Put on a Cone air filter just curious what the car would do??? (mrkrad)

i put a ractive cone filter on my 1.8 digi. mine reved high at first, but then i found out that it wasn't tightly secured. check to make sure everything lines up correctly or it'll try to draw in more air and idle higher than usual. good luck with your project.
i like the intake on my car....it sounds more throaty.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Re: Put on a Cone air filter just curious what the car would do??? (FoUNd_DrIVeR)

Air filter is before MAF, it doesnt matter if it is tight or not. I ran mine without anything and it worked fine. (on dyno day) It made no difference.
Look for air leak after the MAF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.