VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some extra PW switches that I have laying around and was wondering if anyone knew they difference between the German made switches and the Brazilian. The Brazilian has one less pin on it so it got me wondering what exactly that extra pin does. I believe it was pin #6 but can't remember for sure.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Re: PW switches (Schu16V)

Not sure, but one set might be for the rear windows in a 4 door. The Jetta has the child lockout feature for the rears; maybe they are powered differently. Ok, that was useless, but maybe it's a start.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Re: PW switches (Patrick Schmidt)

as usual....
german- GOOD
brazillian- CRAP
that extra pin is for the lil light, the german ones have an extra pin cause the light only turns on when the rest of the lights do. The brazillian ones are on when there is power to the switch.
i guess thats not too bad but I have a mix of german and brazilian switches, it just doesnt look right.

[Modified by Dieder, 5:20 PM 12-6-2001]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: PW switches (Dieder)

Cool... thats kinda what I thought the other pin did. I actually disagree that the Brazilian switches are crap. I like the feel of them better than the German ones. I am using the Brazilian ones now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts