VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so im getting the egg smell from my exhaust. I dont think its the cat because i have only 52k on the car. So it might be a bad 02 sensor. Is there anyone out there can help remedy the situation? Do i need a obd2 diagnostic tool to find out 4 sure? I really dont feel like coughing out 75$ (thats literally waht it costs for them just to hook it up to my car). TIA

--Tarik the Mang.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Re: Q's .... (JesterVr6)

Autozone will hook your car up to a diagnostic tool for free. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Re: Q's .... (JesterVr6)

Quote, originally posted by JesterVr6 »
I dont think its the cat because i have only 52k on the car.

ah young grasshopper dont rule that out just because of milage. If it got wet at all or anything it could still be the cat which brings me to
Quote »
I really dont feel like coughing out 75$ (thats literally waht it costs for them just to hook it up to my car). TIA

Your car has an 80k warrenty on the Cat coverter. Thats warrenty work AKA FREE

also if the cat is bad it will eat the O2 sensor and vise versa. and the Midas special replacemnt will save you 25 lbs and do the same job. and dont let them say it will fail because mine has been on for 3 years 79k and runs like a champ

·
Banned
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Q's .... (jayseal22)

Quote, originally posted by jayseal22 »

ah young grasshopper dont rule that out just because of milage. If it got wet at all or anything it could still be the cat which brings me to

also if the cat is bad it will eat the O2 sensor and vise versa. and the Midas special replacemnt will save you 25 lbs and do the same job. and dont let them say it will fail because mine has been on for 3 years 79k and runs like a champ

Gotcha. Ill check into it further tomorrow. Btw, do you know that the dealership charges 884.00 for a OEM cat on a obd2 vr6. TT's cat is only 250....
Anyways, yeah, im not getting any CEL's. Im going to get it hooked up to VW's VAG-COM at a nice healthy 75$ tomorrow. They can check the temp of the air going through the cat and see whats up.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Re: Q's .... (jayseal22)

Quote, originally posted by jayseal22 »

FREEBIE FREEBIE NADA ZERO ZILTCH

·
Registered
9,086 Posts
Re: Q's .... (Lobstrosity)

Quote, originally posted by Lobstrosity »