VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some opinions- I'm thinking of putting an LLTek quad exhaust on my TT. Is this a little cheesy, or would it be appropriate? I like the 4 symmetry- 4 rings, 4 wheel drive, 4 wheels, 4 air vents, 4 seats (well, maybe...), 4 cylinders.... would this look nice or like I was trying too hard? Also, I'd like to lower it about 3/4 in. to 1 in. Anyone know a spring system that would give me this without going to coilovers? I've heard Eibach does something like that, but I don't know. I've aready put some Moda 18" wheels on it, which look fantastic, but I think I'd like it hunkered down a bit over them.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Re: Quad exhaust on TT (Calvin&Hobbes)

i'm in the same bind, i like that rear quad, you get it first and tell me what you think in a few weeks

as for the springs...going with a set of H&R this week, eibach will be fine too. my friend at the dealer told me thats all i need, so...
post a pic, i just got my rims but i'm not postin till she gets dropped!!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Need some opinions- I'm thinking of putting an LLTek quad exhaust on my TT. Is this a little cheesy, or would it be appropriate? I like the 4 symmetry- 4 rings, 4 wheel drive, 4 wheels, 4 air vents, 4 seats (well, maybe...), 4 cylinders.... would this look nice or like I was trying too hard? Also, I'd like to lower it about 3/4 in. to 1 in. Anyone know a spring system that would give me this without going to coilovers? I've heard Eibach does something like that, but I don't know. I've aready put some Moda 18" wheels on it, which look fantastic, but I think I'd like it hunkered down a bit over them. [HR][/HR]​
The Moda R6's??? That is a great wheel and looks great, I love the quad Idea, post a pic once you get one
Thanks

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Re: Quad exhaust on TT (97VenomGTI)

A couple of days ago, in Boston, I saw a TT with the quad exhaust--it kind of wierded me out, but whoever did it did a very professional job--it looked kind of cool, actually

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Re: Quad exhaust on TT (delta v)

quote:[HR][/HR]A couple of days ago, in Boston, I saw a TT with the quad exhaust--it kind of wierded me out, but whoever did it did a very professional job--it looked kind of cool, actually[HR][/HR]​
It also depends on the rear lower apron you use...here are a few from SGI.

All of them use SGI Custom Exhaust, you can order whichever tip style you'd like.http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
-Danny

·
Registered
298 Posts

Unless you plan to keep your TT for a very, very long time I would not go wtih the Quad exhaust. I would think you start to limit your potential buyers when you start radically changing a car.
There are many fine aftermarket exhausts that look much like OEM but sound a little louder and run better.
My $0.02

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Quad exhaust on TT (kudzu101)

Thanx for opinions, I appreciate it. As was so eloquently said, I don't want to wierd anybody out. I'll probably keep the old exhaust system so if (IF...) I ever get rid of it, I'll just slap the stocker back on. Hmm...decisions, decisions....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.