VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The quad tips are probably the only cosmetic feature on my R that I dislike. I'd love to go back to the previous generations set-up. Is there a kit for that. Either way, I dont think I could afford such things. Does anyone else have this issue and if so, did you just weld on different tips? My concern is the gaping hole that will/might be left behind.

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
There is nothing wrong with quad tips. I wouldn't mind quad tips in the center, but the exhaust is fine on the R.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm definitely with TC on this one. The quads on the R are ostentatious or literally, "characterized by or given to pretentious or conspicuous show in an attempt to impress others."

On a 4 banger with exactly 1 exhaust header they do look totally pasted on.

I'd far prefer a look similar to this and would seriously entertain investing in an aftermarket solution should one be made available.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm definitely with TC on this one. The quads on the R are ostentatious or literally, "characterized by or given to pretentious or conspicuous show in an attempt to impress others."

On a 4 banger with exactly 1 exhaust header they do look totally pasted on.

I'd far prefer a look similar to this and would seriously entertain investing in an aftermarket solution should one be made available.

mehhhh, I think this one looks too much like the RS :p

Again, I like the R's smaller, quad oval's. I don't think they screen "look at me!" that much. To each his own :cool:

·
Registered
360 Posts
mehhhh, I think this one looks too much like the RS :p

Again, I like the R's smaller, quad oval's. I don't think they screen "look at me!" that much. To each his own :cool:
100% agreed, to each their own. :) However they don't necessarily "scream look at me" but 4 exhaust tips are surely for aesthetic purposes only. 1 is perfectly functional, 2 is "justified" for a balanced and symmetrical rear end design and 4 is .... ummmm.... <cough>.... 2 more than the GTI has apparently.

I'd be interested if a company made RS3 Tips to fit our rears. By the looks of the pic below it incorporates valved exhausts.

Nailed it. I would support this concept with a purchase tomorrow. Seriously. :thumbup:

Edit:

Man this grey does look pretty damn good!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'd be interested if a company made RS3 Tips to fit our rears. By the looks of the pic below it incorporates valved exhausts.

That is exactly what I'm looking for

Yellow

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.