VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a quaife coming in the mail soon, and I'm looking for a good shop here in Austin, Tx to handle the install. Any recommendations?
Also, to keep the price down, I would consider dropping the transmission myself and letting the shop tear it apart to swap diffs. Any opinions? Is it worth it? impossible?
BTW, 2001 MKIV Jetta, 02J

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Re: Quaife LSD install in Austin (tibbar)

Try Kenny Hill, their labor is a bit high $85 to install performance parts. However, the high labor cost is compensated by the quality of the job their done. Just my $.02.
BTW, how much did you pay for the LSD?

[Modified by BL4CK-VR6, 6:57 PM 4-20-2002]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Quaife LSD install in Austin (BL4CK-VR6)

$732 in the GB from thescirocco.com
He's selling the Quaife by itself for $650, but I got the install kit with it.
I think the install kit includes a new speedo gear and new bearings. Check his web page for more info.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Re: Quaife LSD install in Austin (pcop)

Jim won't do the install, he'll just sell you the parts. I would reccomend Kenny Hill, like Edwin said. Infact, I am taking my car to them tomorrow. They do good work and are genuinely nice guys.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Re: Quaife LSD install in Austin (Beastie97)

my bad i thought he installed everything he sold on his site.kenny hill does good work i have used him in the past.have had good luck with austin vw,but would take the lsd to kenny hill.there is a vw head out on 620 kurt's autowerks i have used him in the past as well.under ground are good guys toby has helped fix my cars twice and not charge me anything except a 12 pack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts