VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Carlisle custom compact show this weekend, and i was a little bit disappointed in the mk2 cars. don't get me wrong--there were a few very very nice ones that were perfect inside and out, but there were others that looked almost half-a**ed and just plain bad. i wish i would have taken my car, because i probably would have placed in one of the less-competitive classes.
i'd like to take my car to waterfest this summer, but i'm thinking the cars would be much better quality and mine would be laughed at. It's low as all h*ll, it has nice paint ( but it's acrylic enamel and it's not perfect), and overall it's pretty clean. what do you guys think? what are your opinions on the quality level at certain shows??

·
Registered
163 Posts
Re: Quality cars at shows (Afazz)

no one laughs at you for bringing a less than perfect car to a show. hell half the rice at the carlisle show was unfinished. i actually met one of the guys that is judging at water fest when i was out grabing dinner on saturday the past weekend. they aren't looking for the perfect show car. they are lookign for the car that is good looking. there are less competitive classes at waterfest too. i'm going to bring mine down, but i don't think i want to be in the judging. it's not finished yet, but i think it will be fun to go down and talk to people and see some hot vw's. you can either be all show, or all go, or a nice mix of both, but i wouldn't worry too much about it. it's your car, and even if you don't place what's the harm in bringing it out. park next to a car that is more unfinished than yours.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Re: Quality cars at shows (Afazz)

I also went to Carlisle last weekend and i had my car in the Judged field i originally put it there cause it was allot cheaper for the weekend. However when i arrived there were only 3 other MK2 jettas that were showing the grey was perfect we all new he would take 1st. anyway i was the only one that didnt place now im not saying my car is the best but i have done a crap load more work to my car than the other 2 cars. the black and the orange one . the Black had decnt paint and rims which is the only place i lack in but i thought for sure i had the orange Jetta beat i had allot of compliments on the car through out the day and was kinda of dissapointed that i didnt place, but after hearing and seeing the other vw classes winners i am not too suprised at the out come.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts