VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
392 Posts
Re: Question about 1.8t power stage output module? (killerdub)

Sounds like you are talking about the ignition amplifier, aka power output stage, but I am confused as to why you would want to mount it in the intake pipe. I am also assuming this is a drive by cable type swap, because the drive by wire ME 7.5 systems didn't use one.......
one of these, right?

just mount it to a piece of aluminum, as they were mounted on a heat sink on top of the air filter box.
edit: sp

Modified by i81b4u at 11:09 PM 1-12-2004

· Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Question about 1.8t power stage output module? (i81b4u)

Yes the pic is what i am talking about. Actually my swap is not drive by wire, its from a 98 A4 engine code aeb. I was thinking of mounting it on the intake pipe not actually in it. I thought maybe it reads temperature of some type being that it is mounted on the airbox on stock cars. What do you think?

· Registered
392 Posts
Re: Question about 1.8t power stage output module? (killerdub)

Quote, originally posted by killerdub »
I thought maybe it reads temperature of some type being that it is mounted on the airbox on stock cars. What do you think?

Nah, it's just an ignition signal amplifier, but like the output stage on a high power audio amplifier it will generate alot of heat and needs to get rid of said heat or it will fail, make sure you mount this thing to a piece of aluminum, or a heat sink (like the original), and use a dab of white heat sink compound between the back of the module and the aluminum heat sink, you can get the stuff at radio shack.
After that, just mount it where in the best place that the harness will allow (ie, away from heat!). The AEB harness isn't exactly "tailored" to the transverse install, good luck. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.