VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am brand new to the forum. I am looking into purchasing a 2015 Golf GTI in the next couple of months if possible. I have been reading about the differences in the Performance Pack and the non Performance Pack. This car will be my daily driver and I am thinking about going with the automatic or (DSG) transmission (hopefully I have the name correct.) Once i get used to the power, I am thinking about possibly adding some more power to the car. Possible stage 1 or stage 2, nothing too crazy. However, I am not sure if I should go with the Performance Pack because the larger brakes and the LSD or if it will be fine without those options if a little more power is added. I would like the Performance Pack if i could find one in my area, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of them around here. It also seems difficult to tell which ones have the Performance Pack or not so that makes it more difficult to tell which one is which through pictures on the internet. I live in Florida so I do not need to worry about snow. I can be a bit of an aggressive driver when I want to have fun but not a threat to everyone on the road type driver. I was basically just wondering if the car will be just fine for street use with some more power added, without the Performance Pack. I will not be tracking the car, it will be just for street use and some fun here and there. I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Hello I am brand new to the forum. I am looking into purchasing a 2015 Golf GTI in the next couple of months if possible. I have been reading about the differences in the Performance Pack and the non Performance Pack. This car will be my daily driver and I am thinking about going with the automatic or (DSG) transmission (hopefully I have the name correct.) Once i get used to the power, I am thinking about possibly adding some more power to the car. Possible stage 1 or stage 2, nothing too crazy. However, I am not sure if I should go with the Performance Pack because the larger brakes and the LSD or if it will be fine without those options if a little more power is added. I would like the Performance Pack if i could find one in my area, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of them around here. It also seems difficult to tell which ones have the Performance Pack or not so that makes it more difficult to tell which one is which through pictures on the internet. I live in Florida so I do not need to worry about snow. I can be a bit of an aggressive driver when I want to have fun but not a threat to everyone on the road type driver. I was basically just wondering if the car will be just fine for street use with some more power added, without the Performance Pack. I will not be tracking the car, it will be just for street use and some fun here and there. I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you very much!
You'll probably get an answer if you post this in vwvortex mk7 forum. FWIW yes the car is extremely powerful without the PP, and a stage 1 tune will blow the PP away anyway (and is cheaper isn't it?). Also I've heard the larger brakes included in the PP would only matter at the track. Standard brakes are very good.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have the non PP. You can usually tell a PP car with GTI logos on the front calipers and red GTI badging on the front and rear emblems. For a daily driven car where you don't push it, you don't need the PP. With the PP package, you also get a limited slip diff. The limited slip certainly helps to put the power down. Especially if you're thinking about going to stage 1 or 2. When I picked up mine in 12/14, they didn't have any with the PP option. I wish I waited. Oh well, next 18 GTI I pick up will have the PP. :laugh:

·
Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
51,201 Posts
I'd get the PP.

You'll probably get an answer if you post this in vwvortex mk7 forum. FWIW yes the car is extremely powerful without the PP, and a stage 1 tune will blow the PP away anyway (and is cheaper isn't it?). Also I've heard the larger brakes included in the PP would only matter at the track. Standard brakes are very good.
Of course a Stage 1 is more powerful. But it'll also get his powertrain warranty TD1'd if the dealer catches it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.