VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specs about the car:
162,000 v6 2.8
My wife called me this morning and said that it was hard to start and stalled out a couple of times at traffic lights. WHere in the hell do I begin. It had new plug wires last Jan and the heads were totally rebuilt last Sept. Please help I cannot afford to take it to a garage. I am used to working on VW's and I am new to the audi game. HELP

·
Registered
4th Tower of Inverness
8,578 Posts
Re: Question about a 100 csq wagon stalling and hard starting (Michael T Borelli)

Need more info.
Does it happen when the engine is cold, hot, both?
I always try the cheapest methods first.
A bottle of dry gas is a sure way to start.
Look around the engine compartment for something out of place such as a disconnected wire, hose etc.

·
Registered
14,693 Posts
Re: Question about a 100 csq wagon stalling and hard starting (Sepp)

My buddies did that. It turns out the torque converter wasn't unlocking and now his tranny is total crap.
Ewww...
Chris

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Question about a 100 csq wagon stalling and hard starting (Sepp)

When I came home from work I pulled the cover off the motor and checked for vaccum leaks and other things but found nothing. The wires were still fresh looking and visually the coil packs looked ok, no cracks. But I am going to change the plugs at work and see if that makes a difference. It only happens when it is cold, could it be as simple as a temp switch? I have noticed lately that in low RPM's it seems to miss. I will let you know how it goes thanks for the advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.